We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honest thoughts please

Washington, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
130 reviews
Honest thoughts please

I'm looking to book a holiday for next summer and have browsing deals online. I've seen a good deal for an AI hotel in C'an Picafort but was wondering what the actual resort was like. What's the beach like? Is it a quiet or livelier place? Is it suitable for kids? My daughter will be 9 and was wondering if there was much for her to do. Thanks in advance.

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
716 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Honest thoughts please

A great resort with a lovely beach. Loads to do. I think you will all love it. Have a great holiday.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
186 reviews
2. Re: Honest thoughts please

We have been twice, and had a good time twice. Good beach, plenty of bars, restaurants and shops, some of which are aimed at the German market, but don't let that put you off. It's not old and quaint, but few resorts are. Buses along the coast to Alcudia, and Port de Pollenca, are frequent, if busy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Honest thoughts please

Your next to playa de Muro, a magnificent beach stretching miles into Alcudia.

Can'picafort is a fairly run of the mill resort with beach and restaurants etc, as your going AI your be spending much of your time at the hotel no doubt so make sure your happy with that above anything else.

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
103 reviews
4. Re: Honest thoughts please

Hi there - a lot depends on the sort of place you like. I looked at your profile for clues - are you in Es Canar, Ibiza, at the moment? Quite a few regulars say how nice Santa Eulalia is.

I couldn't help noticing that 95% of your posts/reviews are dated last week - all the way from Tamworth Castle to Corfu with Gateshead and Dalton in Furness in between.

We went to market day not long ago in C'an Picafort. It isn't hugely picturesque but the beach looked fine and it certainly looked suitable for families - it's very popular. I think the point about your hotel being important if you're AI is true.

Edited: 22 April 2016, 01:22
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Honest thoughts please

We have been twice, both times half board, and really enjoyed the resort, quieter than alcudia but busier than playa de murder, an ideal family resort

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
93 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Honest thoughts please

I visited can picafort twice in a taxi from alcudia, got a nice beachfront with loads of restaurant facing the sea and behind all the shops and side restaurants and then the hotels etc, it was fairly busy, I liked it but like alcudia more , found the shops cheaper in can picafort though

Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
245 reviews
7. Re: Honest thoughts please

You say you are looking at AI. You need to double check exactly what you get for AI. We are staying at the Alcudia Gardens at the moment and those on A I have to pay for water, snacks and food at the pool bar, crisps, ice creams, etc, so you need to check for hidden extras. Apparently this practice is common over here.

There is an old saying - if it looks too good to be true it usually is.

Also you haven't said which hotel you are looking at so people who have stayed there can't give you more information as to what the hotel is really like

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Honest thoughts please

May I just say, I meant Playa De Muro, not Playa De Murder above!

Was posting on my phone and it was auto corrected!

Sussex
Level Contributor
4,848 posts
103 reviews
9. Re: Honest thoughts please

Haha..there was me thinking it was a clever play on words!

London, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Honest thoughts please

Ive been to CP twice & going back for this summer. There is the touristy part which is pleasant and a nice walk along front. There is also the residential part of town Son Baulo with hotels and resturants too which I like. I did last year sc and found we spent over £1000 less verus going AI eating out. I think CP is ideal for kids, nice long beach, family friendly bars, no night clubs or 18 yr old bars. You can get everything burger king etc. Check out you tube train videos.

Get answers to your questions about Ca'n Picafort
Recent Conversations