We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning pickpockets

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Warning pickpockets

We are in CB at the moment and on a walk into Cala Millor one of our party had her purse stolen.

It was taken from her handbag.

Just be cautious.

SB

Mentioned in this post
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
5 replies to this topic
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning pickpockets

I would treat this as a standard suggestion for pretty much any resort, yes, even Cala Bona, there are bag dippers everywhere, don’t be alarmed, just don’t give then the opportunity, keep your bags in front of you, not hung over your shoulder or behind, and keep your wits about you in bus queues as they regularly target these.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning pickpockets

Thanks for the warning, yes I know you should always be security concious but I admit to stupidly being a little more carefree in Cala Bona, we will be more careful in future.

Sue.

Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning pickpockets

Yes thanks for that, so easy to let your guard down on holiday, and makes sense to be extra cautious.

Thatcham, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning pickpockets

Thanks for the heads-up. I will ensure my handbag is fastened and carried to the front as you suggest😉

Seriously though cheers for the info. We have always tried to be vigilant (wife being a bit wary about that sort of thing) but we do alot of walking between the resorts, and knowing the risk has escallated, we will take extra care.

👍

Edited: 07 June 2018, 19:52
london
Destination Expert
for Cala Bona
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning pickpockets

I had my pocket dipped a couple of years ago in Cala Bona , i tripped over near the 60s bar and 2 young girls helped me up , i went into the 60s bar to sit and recover with a coffee and my back pocket had been unzipped and emptied , only €20 but the girls were very clever the way they did it without me noticing , we sometimes go to Cala Millor for an evening ( Cheers bar ) and take a nice night time stroll back to our hotel in Cala Bona afterwards , this year i think we will either get a taxi or stay in Cala Bona late at night 🖒🖒

Edited: 07 June 2018, 22:25
Mentioned in this post
Cala Bona
Cala Bona
Majorca, Spain
Cala Millor
Cala Millor
Majorca, Spain
Cheers Bar
Cheers Bar
727 Reviews
Majorca, Spain