We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bunyola

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bunyola

We are staying next summer in Bunyola. I know this is a rural village up in the mountains (sounds great) but just wanted to know what facilities if any are there in the village itself - any small supermarket, restaurants?

5 replies to this topic
Glasgow
Level Contributor
803 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bunyola

We parked the car on the outskirts when we were in Majorca late just recently, and walked right through it to catch the wooden train to Soller. It stops there and as we were staying near Alaro it was easier to leave the car there rather than drive to Palma. We liked it, quite small but yes there are restaurants and no doubt supermarkets too. It's well placed for places like Deia, Valdemossa and the Tramuntana Mountains generally. Nice quiet relaxed place, not very touristy but a I say very handy for beautiful places and in a superb setting.

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Soller
Soller
Majorca, Spain
Deia
Deia
Majorca, Spain
Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bunyola

There are a couple of small hotels and one bar restaurant in Orient, no shops as the village population is only about 70 people. The restaurant serves excellent quality Mallorquin fare and has great views from the terrace.

Aberdeen (Scotland)
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bunyola

OK I may have confused things here as it was in the Orient forum.

Bunyola is a town of about 6000 inhabitants and lies at the foot of the Tramuntana mountains. As you would expect of a town that size there are shops supermarkets and restaurants. When you spoke of a small mountain village I assumed you meant Orient.

London
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bunyola

Hi, there is no Forum for Bunyola so I randomly thought Orient is close by?! Good to know Bunyola is a sizeable town with amenities.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bunyola

Bunyola isn`t up in the mountains and whilst it`s great for a couple of hours unless you like walking I`m not sure what you`re going to do. If you`re using it as a base to explore from I could think of lots better but it would be the only reason I`d consider staying there.

Reply to: Bunyola
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orient
Recent Conversations