We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories Flamenco's beach

TO
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Memories Flamenco's beach

Hi Folks,

I heard that in the past Flamenco's beach was a little bit rocky, so water shoes were recommended (at least for children). However, based on recent reports, no one mentioned that anymore. What's the real situation? Did they put more sand, etc?

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories Flamenco's beach

The beach in front of Memories Flamenco, as well as the 2 neighbouring resorts (Pestana, Melia Jardines Del Rey) was completely redone in Nov/Dec 2016. Sand was taken from the ocean and was added to the existing beach, making it much much wider, and "burying" most rocks. Having seen the beach before it was redone, it was in my opinion the worst beach i have ever seen in all of my travels (pics for proof lol). Now it is absolutely gorgeous a 100% improvement..so much so that i have opted for the Flamenco as my hotel of choice for October. I stayed at Pestana in April and swam in front of Memories on a few occasions as i had friends there. No water shoes needed, and no rocks. Absolutely beautiful ;)

Mentioned in this post
Memories Flamenco Beach Resort
Memories Flamenco Beach...
6,281 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Pestana Cayo Coco All Inclusive
Pestana Cayo Coco All...
2,974 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Melia Jardines del Rey
Melia Jardines del Rey
3,861 Reviews