We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
excursions

any dolphin related excursions in Cayo Coco?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,765 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

Check out this link for a list of all the excursions with prices. For more information about any tour, click on the thumbnail photo:

cayocococuba.net/excursions.html

Carleton Place...
Level Contributor
841 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions

Shart answer is most people do not do dolphins from Cayo coco.it is too far. If you have not booked yet and want dolphins go to Holguin.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

You can indeed do dolphins in Cayo Coco.

There are 2 different ones, you can take the bus for 5cuc there, its on the way to Pilar beach.

Will look for the prices, I have them written down somewhere.

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excursions

Hi

It would be great if you have some information as I would like to take my sons and Wife (as it is her 40th birthday whilst there).

Placentia, Canada
Level Contributor
736 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excursions

There is a dolphin attraction by the causeway between guillermo and coco,new buildings being built there also to accomadate the tours......not my cuppa tea but to each their own :)

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excursions

Wish I had known about the dolphins by the causeway. The only dolphin excursions we knew about were those listed with our Westjet tour rep. These were both based on the mainland so further away. One was actually in-water encounter, the other was sitting on the dock (could give them kiss, shake hands, rub their belly). This is the one we did, as we were already booked for something else on the day(s) the in-water encounter ran. One day I'd definately do in-water. My kids and I loved them, and was definately a wonderful experience to get up close to these beautiful mammals. DaveC, take the time to do this, as I think you will all enjoy it (and just ignore the nasty comments that end up on just about every post about dolphins, as those who do not agree with it can get really opinionated. TAT2011 was at least very diplomatic and helpful regardless of their personal preference).

Placentia, Canada
Level Contributor
736 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: excursions

Thank-you 3Sam...

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: excursions

If you have to swim with dolphins, choose a place that doesn't keep them penned up and forced to have tourists riding on their backs or fins. They are social animals but get stressed to the point of death when forced into these situations. There are places around the world where the dolphins are given free choice weather to interract or not. they usually choose to, even bringing their young along. Afterall, would you allow someone to ride your family pet?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: excursions

Hi there have you any idea how far dolphin swim is from tryp you said you can get bus for 5cuc where would we get it and do you know how much dolphins are. Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated

10. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco