We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Williamsburg Lodge or Kingsmill for Thanksgiving?

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Williamsburg Lodge or Kingsmill for Thanksgiving?

We are meeting family for Thanksgiving. We will have 5 kids total ages 7-12. We really wanted to stay at the Williamsburg Inn but apparently it gets booked a year in advance. It appears that the next nicest options are Williamsburg Lodge and Kingsmill. Which has the nicest rooms and best food? Which would be the best around that time of year? We obviously can't take advantage of the pool or lazy river at Kingsmill and no one will be golfing but the rooms are bigger. It does concern me that the property is owned by Xanterra because their properties in the Nat'l parks out west are disgusting!

If there is a property I'm not aware of, I would be open to other options as well.

Thanks!

Williamsburg, VA
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Williamsburg Lodge or Kingsmill for Thanksgiving?

I'd pick the Williamsburg Lodge. It is right at Colonial Williamsburg's Historic Area, the rooms are newly renovated and large, and in addition to the restored area there are shops and dining three blocks away at CW's Merchants Square. The hotels and historic area will be newly decorated for the holidays, which is great fun to see. There is also a CW shuttle that stops in front of the Lodge and takes guests around the entire historic and shopping area.

Kingsmill is a wonderful resort, but its location is in a residential compound several miles from CW. At holiday season time, staying at the Williamsburg Lodge allows you and your family to be in the center of the historic area.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
56 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Williamsburg Lodge or Kingsmill for Thanksgiving?

We've been to Williamsburg Lodge several times for Thanksgiving dinner and it's very nice. They have almost everything (more than traditional fare) and it's child-friendly. I would make reservations, though. For lodging, we like the Tazewell Wing of the Lodge because the rooms have a fireplace...very nice in late fall.

3. Re: Williamsburg Lodge or Kingsmill for Thanksgiving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 13:18