We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Weekend trip

Looking to take a weekend trip to the Apostle Islands in July, my adult daughter and I. We'd arrive Friday night, leave Sunday afternoon. Just looking to take in the beauty, no kayaking or canoeing for us. Totally roughing it - just want an adventure. No hotel, no restaurant, just want to see the beauty. What is a must-see? Thinking of taking the car ferry to Madeline island. Then what? Would love to hear your recommendations!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
8,265 posts
327 reviews
1. Re: Weekend trip

go to madeline island and go to the township park beach.... relax and take in the sights.....

you can also take an apostle islands sightseeing cruise.....

and finally, this is worth checking out:

http://www.bigtop.org/

WI
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
2. Re: Weekend trip

onlyinyourstate.com/wisconsin/… slide falls/Siskiwit Falls. There's lots of local small waterfalls to check out google Waterfalls in Bayfield County--Siskiwit, Twin Falls, Houghton....etc.

Iron Bridge in Bayfield is a nice spot above and below to check out. The Brownstone Trail along Lake Superior.

Go to the orchards and berry farms and pick berries galore it is the berry capital there!

I second a show at Big Top, a unique venue.

3. Re: Weekend trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2018, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Apostle Islands
More Apostle Islands Topics