We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

What should we bring for our July trip? 2 adults, 2 teenagers. I am used to beach vacations where we have to have beach chairs, beach tent and all the junk, that goes along with beach vacations. I know to pack the normal stuff. We are staying in a furnished condo.

Thank you.

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
844 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

Beach towels for the water parks, sun screen, flip flops for the water parks (pavement can be hot between slides). A cooler is nice if you want to eat a picnic lunch at the water park. You can't bring anything into Noah's Ark or Mt. Olympus for food or beverages. We stop at Subway in the morning and then pack fruit, chips and water for a picnic lunch. Noah's Ark has picnic tables in the parking lot area and for Mt. Olympus, we just eat at the vehicle. Food is expensive and not very good at the water parks.

There is a super Walmart in Wisconsin Dells, so you should be able to get anything you need or forget.

Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

Thank you.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
169 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

I second everything the Jules said, especially the cooler. If you're staying for a couple of days the food gets expensive and tiresome. Packing a lunch a some cold bevs is a lifesaver. I'd also add some string backpacks/other small backpacks for the teenagers so they can carry there own sunscreen and towels and leave it at the bottom of rides.

For the evenings, throw in some board games, cards, lawn games etc!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

Great list!!! I also suggest insulated mugs if you stay at your condo's pool or lake or floaties. The Wal Mart in Lake Delton is expensive and very crowded on weekends. Enjoy what Wisconsin Dells has to offer!!

Baraboo, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
175 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

Good lists so far. I would add mosquito repellent for the evenings.

Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
6. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

Depending on the length of your stay, I'd bring some hiking shoes and spend a day at devil's lake state park. It's only a 15-20 minute drive from the dells area and really is beautiful. Hiking the ramparts is a moderate physical endeavor, but the view is worth it. Devil's lake was carved out by glaciers and is really one of the most unique geological features in Wisconsin. Sunscreen, good shoes (quartzite (rock) is very slippery especially when wet), bug spray, towels, backpacks, plenty of water and a picnic lunch. The lake has Sandy beaches and kayaks to rent. If you're feeling adventurous hire a rock climbing guide!

Edited: 26 April 2017, 21:09
Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,504 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

Re: coolers. If you are going to a waterpark, they might not allow hard-sided coolers. Bring small soft-sided ones just in case.

Wisconsin Dells
Level Contributor
160 posts
8. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

The condo should give you a list of all the things they supply. I would definitely bring your own beach towels, sunscreen and swim essentials. A cooler would be good as well. Everything else should be provided for you.

9. Re: Things to bring or not bring, for a July trip.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2018, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Wisconsin Dells