We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Witches Gulch info.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
Witches Gulch info.

Hi, family of 6 camping in Devils Lake State Park in July. I was interested in seeing the Witches Gulch...however, a boat tour for a family of 6 is pretty expensive. I read that it is not possible to drive to it anymore? Does anyone know....if you had your own boat could you get to it? We are thinking of bringing our boat. Also, we will have our dog with us. Does anyone know if the tours allow pets? Thanks in advance for any info. you can provide.

Oconomowoc...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Witches Gulch info.

Hi-- you are going to have a great family camping trip! Devil's Lake campground is so much fun, especially the great swimming and hiking.

As for Witches Gulch, from my understanding, the only way to access it is via the Upper Dells Boat tour. I found that info on the Travel Wisconsin website. https:/…witches-gulch-wisconsin-dells-148146

We went to Witches Gulch last summer on a short trip to the Dells and loved this excursion. I didn't book any tours in advance and bought tickets to the jet boat the same day via a Groupon, as it was also too expensive my my family of four. I highly recommend the jet boat tour. And my best guess would be to wait and see if anything is offered on a coupon website to see if you can get a better deal on the tour rates. I hope this helps. Enjoy your vacation!

Edited: 27 April 2017, 11:43
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
63 reviews
2. Re: Witches Gulch info.

If you don't want to spend the money for the boat tour you could consider the less expensive Lost Canyon horse and buggy tour. http://www.lostcanyontour.com/

You could also hike Parfrey's Glen,but it's not really that similar to the canyons like Witches Gulch or Lost Canyon.

WI
Level Contributor
6,173 posts
117 reviews
3. Re: Witches Gulch info.

you used to be able to access on foot but it's been posted it's now blocked off and closed to foot traffic. Other threads on Witches Gulch on TA (for the attraction itself) say there was a $5 charge at one time but it sounds as if no more.

There's definitely other places as mentioned to enjoy and perhaps just enjoy the pictures of Witches Gulch if a splurge for the boat tour is out. It makes you miss the old days a bit when you could see these things.

Warsaw
Level Contributor
28 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Witches Gulch info.

Thank you for the replies. We had already planned on hiking Parfrey's Glen. I looked at the Lost Canyon horse drawn tours. I think my kids would really enjoy this. Does anyone know if this tour actually takes you to Witches Gulch? Or just through canyons that are similar?

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
12,013 posts
63 reviews
5. Re: Witches Gulch info.

No, Lost Canyon is not near Witches Gulch. I just mentioned it as an alternative that is somewhat similar, but of course you are riding instead of walking as you would at Witches Gulch.

I am pretty sure the only access to Witches Gulch is on the Upper Dells boat tour and if you do that make sure you are on the official Dells Boat Company tours. I am not sure if there are other boat tours operating that don't have access to the landings at Witches Gulch and Stand Rock. I know there used to be other boat companies.

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Witches Gulch info.

Witches Gulch is owned by the Wisconsin DNR, but leased to Dells Boat Tours. Call Dells Boat Tours to ask about access.

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
181 reviews
7. Re: Witches Gulch info.

reported illegal

8. Re: Witches Gulch info.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2018, 12:18