We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier Canyon Lodge

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Glacier Canyon Lodge

We are tentatively planning to go in August. I know it's huge, caught that part- but wondered if there are any room locations that are better than others. My husband has a bum knee so we'll be using the shuttle to go places mostly. Just looking for any tips, etc. on the stay there!

Thanks!

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
846 posts
86 reviews
1. Re: Glacier Canyon Lodge

Last year we had a handicap accessible room at GCL, which was very near the entrance and elevator. I think we were randomly assigned the room, but you could look online or call to see if you could book this type of room. We didn't think the room location was noisy, with being near the entrance.

The hallways seem very long between entrances, so ihaving a room near the entrance would be helpful. The shuttles will drop you off by each water park entrance.

There are also indoor walkways from GCL to the main Wilderness hotel area. Otherwise you can always take your vehicle, if it is more convenient than the shuttle.

If you are looking for a more quiet pool during your stay, visit the Wilderness on the Lake. They have a nice outdoor pool that is quieter. There is also an indoor/outdoor hot tub, and indoor pool areas.

If you go to the Tommy Bartlett show, with the free passes included from the resort, there is a golf cart shuttle service to the seating area. It's a long walk, hilly, from the parking lot to the seating area.

Rockton, Illinois
Level Contributor
196 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Glacier Canyon Lodge

The room location will depend on what you will mostly be doing. There are so many shortcuts to be figured out, that will cut your walking time down by alot! The shuttles are kinda slow, but worth it if walking is difficult. There is so much to do, you could find a nice inside/outside park that are next to eachother, and spend the majority of the day there. We have been multiple times a year for almost 10 years now. It is definitely worth the trip!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Glacier Canyon Lodge

Thank you! Good information about the Tommy B show as well.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Glacier Canyon Lodge

We haven't been there in probably 15-20 years! I think Kalahari had just opened up when we were there. Taking grown kid and one teen- plenty to do so I'm looking forward to it.

5. Re: Glacier Canyon Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2018, 13:18