We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

I'm planning on attending a conference at the Waikoloa Marriott this spring and while the convention rate is good if just my husband and I go, I'm thinking of asking my parents to join us. If so, a condo might be more economical since we could share the space. Are there any condos near the Marriott that we should consider? Walking distance would be best, of course, since we'd like to be able to come and go from the conference at will, but I realize that may not be realistic given the mega-resorts that Hawaii seems to encourage.

Mahalo!

Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Vienna, Ohio
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

I stayed at the Waikoloa Fairway Villas with a my girlfriends family and walked to teh Marriott several times, wasn't very far at all. Her grandparents had no trouble walking it either. Love the condos they were beautiful, would love to stay there again.

Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
Fairway Villas
Fairway Villas
425 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Portland Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

My wife and I just completed a lengthy stay at the Vista Waikoloa during Thanksgiving holiday into the first part of Dec 2008.

We rented unit G302 for 13 nights in Nov and liked it some much (they have a great lap pool) that we canceled our reservation at South Kona hotel set for the final week of our BI vacation and rented out unit G206 for another 7 nights.

We got a great rate ($141/night including tax, no maid service) from South Kohala Management and had no problems with the condition of the units or facilities.

The Waikoloa Marriot is a leisurely 5 minute walk down a tree lined sidewalk.

I agree that you need to be sure about who you are renting from but if you do your homework with consumer background checks and stick with only those who accept credit cards for booking you should be fine.

Good luck.

Koka Kia

Mentioned in this post
Vista Waikoloa
Vista Waikoloa
86 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
Kohala Suites by Hilton...
1,216 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
Lima, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

We stayed at the Fairway Villas Dec. 27-Jan 1 and rented a unit by way of the Outrigger Condominium Collection. The unit was A-22. We paid more than the person who posted the $129 per night. But I don't regret it at all. Any problems at all and we could call the office which is right in the King's shops. We had daily maid service which was minimal but all that was necessary. Beds were made up, clean towels, more toilet paper, I asked for more lotion and shampoo and got it. A lady renting another unit through some vacation club said she had to go to the shops and buy more toilet paper for $8.00! So, I really liked the way our unit was handled. It is owned by an individual but handled by the Outrigger.

It was very quiet there which was a concern of mine. We enjoyed watching the golfers on the 6th hole of the Waikaloa Beach course right off of our 2nd story lanai. We could not hear them or the tourists who were walking the petroglyph trails nearby.

We stocked up on supplies at the Safeway in Kailua-Kona. People who had memberships and lots of people staying in their condos went to Cotsco somewhere.

I am going to look up the Hali'i Kai's suggested by someone on the post. I always like to stay in the "newest" ones if I can afford it.

You could easily come and go from the Marriott from the Fairway Villas. My only complaint would be that the pool was too cold. The children there didn't seem to mind but it forced too many little ones into the hot tub which I think should be for 18 years and up. But how do you monitor parents who let little ones in the hottub?

Linaka

Mentioned in this post
Fairway Villas
Fairway Villas
425 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
sacramento
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

Lina I was the one to mention the Hali'i Kai. My unit was wonderful. New beds, excellent kitchen equipment, I mean top-notch stuff. Wonderful bathrooms and flatscreen TVs everywhere. Oh, and new matresses. The owner was great and I negotiated a good deal. I was one happy camper.

Bill

Lima, Ohio
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

Bill,

Was the lanai at the Hali'i Kai private? I looked at some pictures and I wondered if you felt too close to everyone else's unit? Were these on the Beach Course?

Linaka

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
14 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

Nothing is very far from anything in Waikoloa. We've stay at Hali Kai and loved it. Check out the owner's website of the unit we stayed in: www.lovethebigisland.com

We can't wait until we go back in April!

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
sacramento
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

We had a unit on the beach course and about 600 yards was the Hilton and a view (west) to the ocean. I had no problem with privacy. First, not a lot of people were at Waikoloa or at the complex. Next, I was in an upper unit. So two side were closed off and one side open to the golf course and one to the condo unit next to it.

If you would like a link to the owner just pm me. My wife and I really enjoyed it, and I don't usually do condos.

Bill

Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
28. Re: Condos close to Waikoloa Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 04:16