We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Island or Maui for Honeymoon?

nyc
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Topic
Big Island or Maui for Honeymoon?

We're planning out honeymoon Oct. 2009. Going to Bora Bora for a week and then to Hawaii.

Bora Bora will have little activity. Now deciding between Four Seasons Hualaui on the Big Island of Four Seasons Maui? We'd like a great room, beaches, pool, restaurants. Some acitivity such as golf, see the volcano and a rainforest.

Which is best for a honeymoon Big Island or Maui?

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Island or Maui for Honeymoon?

I would definitely go with the FS Maui. Better beach, better hotel, more romantic setting, lots of restaurant options including neighboring hotels. Drive to Hana to see the rain forest, Haleakala for a dormant volcano..

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Island or Maui for Honeymoon?

Gosh, erin, how many more new threads are you going to start with the same question?! Maybe you would want to try the search function above to get more information than the responding postings you already got.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
40,658 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Island or Maui for Honeymoon?

I agree, erin

I just checked your profile and you've started SEVEN different topics and they all ask Big Island or Maui ...

please don't start any more of the same topics. We are all reading the different forums.

I told you before, they are both great and there is no BEST. Because you keep saying activity, I get the feeling you should go to Maui. Big Island Hualalai is isolated luxury, and Maui has more action.

Not that there aren't a ton of things to do on the Big Island, but it's a quiet resort sort of away from everything ... which people like. There is zero nightlife there, so if you want that at all, definitely go to Maui. Ditto for having lots of restaurants. 4S on BI has a wonderful restaurant, but if you want variety, Maui.

Now you would do yourself a favor if you start reading people's honeymoon trip reports and all the reviews for those two resorts and get yourself a guidebook and read it. You need to browse around and take advantage of all the information that is already here ... all you need to do is browse or put "honeymoon" in the search bar ...

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Big Island or Maui for Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 22:20