We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condo suggestions?

Northern California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
condo suggestions?

Hi. My husband, 2 year old son and I are planning on spending 3 nights at Waikoloa.

We were originally thinking of staying at Marriott but became undecided due to the additional fees aside from the tax ( resort and parking fee). Additionally, I was hoping to also be able to store/cook food during our stay to save up on $. I don't recall seeing kitchen/kitchenette applicance in the rooms Marriott had other than a coffee maker and a mini-fridge.

So now I am mulling over booking condos instead. Can anyone suggest a condo that is:

1. close/relatively close or has easy access to a good beach for snorkeling

2. has a good sized pool for kids

3. moderate nightly rate (~$150 or less)

Thank you so much.

Northern California
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: condo suggestions?

p.s. I meant to add that we will be at Big Island mid September. Thanks.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,454 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: condo suggestions?

Alot of the condo complexes have a minimum stay policy. some 3 day..some 5 day.

Check v.r.bo.com Waikoloa Beach Villas have dropped their rates during these times(Economic)

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…a12826

It is nice to have a kitchen ....especially with a young one!

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
282 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: condo suggestions?

Scroll down on the forum posts page, on page 2 of the forum posts for Waikoloa there is a recent post about condo recommendations.

Waikoloa has alot of good choices for condo rentals and it is a really nice area to stay in.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
210 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: condo suggestions?

We stayed at The Aston Shores at Waikoloa and liked our 2 bedroom unit very much. I think a 1 bedroom unit would be more than $150 a night, but not by much. The pool is smallish but clean and warm. The unit itself was fabulous with a wrap around deck. The drive to Hapuna Beach was only about 10 minutes, and A-Bay was almost within walking distance.

If you don't mind being a little further away from the beach, you might want to check out Paniolo Greens at Waikoloa Village. We drove by looking for a gas station, and it looked nice and is very reasonable--well under $150 per night.

Washington
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: condo suggestions?

Just stayed at Paniolo Greens a couple of weeks ago. It's 6 miles off the main road, and a 10 minute drive to the Waikoloa Beach areas. A really great grocery store within a 5 minute walk or brief drive, as well as gas station, bank and other businesses.

Swimming pool looked fine, but didn't use it. Washer and dryer in unit, air con was extra cost, but didn't need it much so might not pay for it next time. It's a bit cooler up there and there is always a wind! But we spent very little time there, so didn't bother us.

We were in a condo exchange but they also have condos by the night too. They are refurbishing the rooms, so we had new furniture, updated kitchen, new carpet, fresh paint. I don't know if the nightly condos are upgraded, too, but it would be worth calling to ask. Very reasonable nightly rates.

6. Re: condo suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 20:33