We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours Offering Group Discounts?

Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Tours Offering Group Discounts?

We are planning on visiting the Big Island, Hawaii in November and we have a large family. 8 adults and 5 children. We are staying in Waikoloa. Is there a list of tour companies who have group discounts for their tours? 2 of the children are under age 2. Any advice you can give on cutting our costs would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Waikoloa
Waikoloa
Island of Hawaii, HI
Volcano, Hawaii
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours Offering Group Discounts?

Find a tour operator of interest. Which ever one interests you most, call them first. Let them know about your group size and ask if they can do anything for help cut costs/save.

Whichever company you call will be crazy to not at least offer you some kind of a better deal. If they dont budge then move on to your second favorite choice, then third, and fourth. Compare the deals.

Its that easy.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours Offering Group Discounts?

What tours are you thinking of doing?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,221 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours Offering Group Discounts?

One bright spot is that with a group that size, your operator will make their "minimum" and WILL go out on your chosen day and time. Many times in the past durinf this and other recessions, we had them cancel becuse they did not get the 6 or 8 pax needed!

Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours Offering Group Discounts?

We are looking at the Kohala Waterfall Adventure Tour offered by Hawaii Forest and Trail. Also we were wanting to look at:

Dolphin Quest

Sunset cruise or dolphin cruise

Lava tour

Parasailing

Manta Ray Night Snorkel

These are some of our interests. Plus, of course, the luau!

Mentioned in this post
Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations
Kohala Suites by Hilton...
1,160 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Hawaii Forest and Trail
Hawaii Forest and Trail
2,369 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Dolphin Quest
Dolphin Quest
1,878 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours Offering Group Discounts?

I would call them and ask.. I would think they would wave the price for the little ones, in fact someone may want to stay home with the under twos for some of the activities, I would think the hike might be too much for them and Forest and Trails may have a minimum age for that. I doubt they would like Dolphin Quest, they are too young for Para-sailing or the Manta night snorkel. I would think twice about taking them on a lava tour...

Mentioned in this post
Dolphin Quest
Dolphin Quest
1,878 Reviews
Island of Hawaii, HI
6. Re: Tours Offering Group Discounts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2010, 13:22
Get answers to your questions about Waikoloa