We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music recommendations

4 posts
Save Topic
Music recommendations

Hello- We stayed at the Sheraton Inn on Poipu Beach for our honeymoon & when coming back a year later. The music they played throughout the hotel was amazing! We asked the front desk what CD's it was, but they said it was just a Serious radio station that played constantly. I have no idea who the artists were, has anyone stayed or been there & might know some recommendations for artists/cd's I can purchase? I am back on the mainland & looking to buy these rather quickly as a calming device during labor :) Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Poipu Beach Park
Poipu Beach Park
4,016 Reviews
Kauai, HI
23 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Music recommendations

Dont have a clue.....as to what was playing on the radio.......

But come or our fave C,D;s

* IZ IN CONCERT " ( a man and his music )

* MAKAHA SONS O NI'IHAU ( Puana Hou - Me Ke Aloha )

* JOHN CRUISE.....ACOUSTIC SOUL...... long time fave song ISLAND STYLE

California
Level Contributor
40,367 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music recommendations

Do you have Sirius Radio at home? We play the one that is all Hawaiian music all the time (Pandora has it too). The best thing to do is google popular Hawaiian entertainers and then listen to what they play. Iz is probably the most recognizable.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Music recommendations

I know, I figured it was a long shot but thought maybe someone local who goes to their restaurants would know the general gist of what they play. Thank you so much for the recommendations! I will check them out :)

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Music recommendations

We don't have Sirius radio, but that's a great idea about using Pandora! Seems silly but I never even thought of that lol. I do have that app & it's a great idea to listen & see what I like from that. Thank you for the recommendation as well, Iz seems to be popular as the person before mentioned him/her.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Music recommendations

We have SiriusXM and I cannot find the Hawaiian music channel--what # is it, jebett? Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
40,367 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Music recommendations

When I get my car back I will find it. It might be on my Pandora channel.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,386 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music recommendations

Thanks!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Music recommendations

There are 100's upon 100's of Hawaiian music artists.

Suggest you take a listen to some music clips of different artists on mele.com

Some of my favorites are Dennis Pavao, Israel Kamakawiwo‘oli (IZ), Hapa, Keali‘i Reichel, Mark Yamanaka, Gabby Pahinui, Ho‘okena

On-line streaming - Aloha Joe radio 2 - http://alohajoe.com/ajradio2.html

Edited: 05 December 2017, 02:32
Enumclaw, WA
Level Contributor
864 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Music recommendations

I *love* to listen to my Hawaiian or Hapa or Makaha Brothers Pandora channel when I'm stressed at work. It puts me in a more relaxed mood in order to deal with the stress. I also like it out on my lanai during nice summer evenings with a glass of wine.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,572 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Music recommendations

My son walked into a cute store in Koloa that had a lot of teen clothes. He loved the music and asked the cashier. She told him it was their Spotify playlist and gave him the information. He was able to access it online. Maybe the Sheraton has something similar?

Reply to: Music recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted