We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music recommendations

4 posts
Save Topic
Music recommendations

Hello- We stayed at the Sheraton Inn on Poipu Beach for our honeymoon & when coming back a year later. The music they played throughout the hotel was amazing! We asked the front desk what CD's it was, but they said it was just a Serious radio station that played constantly. I have no idea who the artists were, has anyone stayed or been there & might know some recommendations for artists/cd's I can purchase? I am back on the mainland & looking to buy these rather quickly as a calming device during labor :) Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Poipu Beach Park
Poipu Beach Park
4,026 Reviews
Kauai, HI
23 replies to this topic
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Music recommendations

some of my fave's include John Cruz, [all of his are my personal favorite], Jack Johnson & Friends [Kokua Festival], Kapono, Noland & Cruz [Rough Riders] & of course IZ especially his version of "Over the Rainbow" I also listen to Led Kaapana & Mike Kaawa for a tad of "slack key"....ogo

Indiana
Level Contributor
177 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Music recommendations

When I want to be in a more modern day Hawaiian mood I listen to "The Green"

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
292 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Music recommendations

When we return to paradise, the first thing we do when we get in the rental car (after checking the fuel gauge, odometer, and A/C) is tune to Kauaʻi Community Radio ~ KKCR-FM at 91.9 FM. They play a great mix of music, combined with pleasant conversation. Here at home we listen to them online at http://kkcr.org/.

There's a cart in front of the Princeville Foodland that sells Hawaiian music CDs and we always stop and chat and buy a few new titles each time we're there.

Mentioned in this post
Princeville
Princeville
Kauai, HI
Reply to: Music recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted