We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music recommendations

4 posts
Save Topic
Music recommendations

Hello- We stayed at the Sheraton Inn on Poipu Beach for our honeymoon & when coming back a year later. The music they played throughout the hotel was amazing! We asked the front desk what CD's it was, but they said it was just a Serious radio station that played constantly. I have no idea who the artists were, has anyone stayed or been there & might know some recommendations for artists/cd's I can purchase? I am back on the mainland & looking to buy these rather quickly as a calming device during labor :) Thank you in advance!

23 replies to this topic
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
192 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Music recommendations

some of my fave's include John Cruz, [all of his are my personal favorite], Jack Johnson & Friends [Kokua Festival], Kapono, Noland & Cruz [Rough Riders] & of course IZ especially his version of "Over the Rainbow" I also listen to Led Kaapana & Mike Kaawa for a tad of "slack key"....ogo

Level Contributor
175 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Music recommendations

When I want to be in a more modern day Hawaiian mood I listen to "The Green"

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Music recommendations

When we return to paradise, the first thing we do when we get in the rental car (after checking the fuel gauge, odometer, and A/C) is tune to Kauaʻi Community Radio ~ KKCR-FM at 91.9 FM. They play a great mix of music, combined with pleasant conversation. Here at home we listen to them online at http://kkcr.org/.

There's a cart in front of the Princeville Foodland that sells Hawaiian music CDs and we always stop and chat and buy a few new titles each time we're there.

Reply to: Music recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted