We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
9 posts
39 reviews
Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

Hi everyone,

Im trying to find a 1bedroom condo at the KP for May 2011. Im looking for one that has been updated, preferrably at least some sort of view of the ocean, and on the corner....Ive been looking at VRBO, but there are so many listed!

Any suggestions on any condos that you have stayed in at the KP that are 1 bedroom. Also, tell me how to contact the owner for rental inquiry.

I would like to keep it under $200 a night.

Kelley

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
705 posts
1 review
21. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

"There was a recent thread about someone who did rent a unit near the road and heard trucks all day and night. Maybe it was near a service road?"

We stayed in Building 16 in February and what I noticed was that there was road noise coming from the combination of the service road to Waiohai and the driveway feeding Kiahuna's buildings on the east side. There are a lot of Kiahuna guests that park using the east gate entrance. The road noise really never bothered us but we did notice it when we were strolling through the grounds on that end.

Concerning updating and remodeling. One night while I was grilling I spoke with a person that was an owner there for many years. He explained the various degrees of remodeling and updating at Kiahuna were basically the effects of Iniki. The units closest to the beach were basically destroyed and considered totalled by insurance. 100% replaced using the insurance claims. Those not damaged farther from the ocean were not able to use insurance claims and any updating came from the owner's pocketbook. Some have not had major updating as the ones totaled. But as in #123 you can see that some have been re-done nicely.

Kellydawn I would suggest the unit we stayedin February but it is not available in May.

Edited: 29 July 2010, 09:11
California
Level Contributor
41,447 posts
130 reviews
22. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

The hurricane was years ago. I would hope some owners have done something more to their condos since then. You can't believe the wear and tear especially for a popular condo complex like KP. After looking over some pictures online, I can see many people haven't updated since 1992. That is too long for me!

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,986 posts
1 review
23. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

I haven't seen the 'non-updated' problem at Kiahuna to the extent that I've seen it at a number of other places. Overall it seems that Kiahuna owners have done a much better than average job of keeping their units updated and I've seen many units there. The least updated units there are still better than the average unit on Kauai, imo.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,825 posts
59 reviews
24. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

<<The hurricane was years ago.>>

Hurricane Iniki was on September 11, 1992. 18 years ago. I agree that most people should have upgraded their rental units since then.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,986 posts
1 review
25. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

Yep. The owners who upgraded in 1992 have probably had to upgrade again since then. Eighteen years is a LONG time when it's a rental unit.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
26. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

Kelley,

We are staying at Kiahuna Plantation August 6-14 and were able to book for under $200/night. We are staying in building 36, unit #234. We rented directly through the owners on vrbo.com. The unit is actually run and maintained by Outrigger. Once we return I will update on my opinion of the rental and the resort. My only concern is that these places do not have AC. Everything I've read says it is not needed in Kauai due to the breezes. Just hope it won't be as hot as it has been on the East coast with 100+ temps this summer!

Ashland City...
Level Contributor
141 posts
29 reviews
27. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

I will be staying at KP in November, but I booked through Castle, so I'm not sure what unit we'll be in. Their map (…vrxstudios.com/castle/castle_framepage.asp…) shows only one building of the type we paid for (1bdrm/1bth garden view paradise), which, when compared to the other maps I've seen, appears to be #14.

I hope that our unit will be a good one, and I will definitely update after our trip, but I couldn't resist the price (We spent less than $2200 for a flight from Tennessee, a car and 5 nights for 2 people via AmEx travel).

Oxnard, CA
Level Contributor
31 posts
28. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

We stayed in unit #157 (2nd floor, end unit) in 2008 and everything was perfect:

http://www.vrbo.com/114906

Here is a better map for Kiahuna Plantation:

http://www.kiahunacondo.com/resortmap.html

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,990 posts
34 reviews
29. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Hurricane Iniki - 9/11/92 -- oh my gosh, we are so overdue for a hurricane!!!

This year has been a quiet one thus far - let's hope it continues!

Malama Pono,

Janet

30. Re: Kiahuna Plantation...what condo?? need a 1 bedroom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 15:16