We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unit 301 Nihi Kai

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Unit 301 Nihi Kai

Have back to back weeks booked in this unit in November. Anybody had any experience with this unit or building #3

California
Level Contributor
40,039 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

I'm sure someone will answer your questions but I am curious why you didn't ask this question before you booked your accommodations? What would happen if someone came on and said it was a dump?

Just curious!!!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

I don't know if you have had any experience with time shares. But most of the time when one comes available that you can trade for through Interval you grab it or its gone.This does not really give you the opportunity to research the unit. I researched the Nihi Kai and it seems to have fairly good ratings.

Mentioned in this post
Nihi Kai Villas
Nihi Kai Villas
148 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,457 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

Nihi Kai is a time share? News to me! I thought the units were all individually owned. I know 2 owners there and have met a third on our last trip.

Anyway, here is a map of Nihi Kai. Building 3 is on Pe'e Road but from our experience in August 2010, there is little to no traffic on this small road (we stayed in Unit #200). We heard one or two cars during our stay. No noise in the evening. Those units have a nice ocean view from the upstairs lanai. It is also close to the heated, ocean view pool. You can probably click on 300 or 302 to get an idea of the interiors but since each unit is individually owned, the furnishings, etc. will be different.

parrishkauai.com/kauai-condos/nihikai_sitepl…

Edited: 12 September 2010, 07:29
Mentioned in this post
Nihi Kai Villas
Nihi Kai Villas
148 Reviews
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
40,039 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

I googled Nihi Kai timeshares and sure enough it pops up. Maybe it is a mixed property like Cliff, HBR, Pono Kai and Lawai Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Nihi Kai Villas
Nihi Kai Villas
148 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Pono Kai Resort
Pono Kai Resort
810 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Lawai Beach Resort
Lawai Beach Resort
488 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

Yes, there are maybe (2) total units at Nihi Kai that are timeshares. It's a throwback to the past and none of the remaining units are allowed to convert to timeshare. Units 301, 523 and maybe one other may be timeshare. This is at last count that I have. This listing is about 2 years old so there may be some changes.

My first thought is that unit overlooks Pe'e Road with it being darned close to the front balcony. The road takes a sharp 45 degree curve a little further down and headlights may beem straight into your unit. But this would be only for a very short time. Cars are travelling slow here but the road is close - maybe 25-30 feet away only.

These are very well-laid out and large 2 story units. Main living areas upstairs with the bedrooms downstairs. You'll have views straight down Pe'e road out to the water. For a timeshare exchange it's a good bargain.

Mentioned in this post
Nihi Kai Villas
Nihi Kai Villas
148 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,457 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

Napa,

We just returned from a 2 week stay in Unit #200. My husband was very worried about the road. But it was never an issue. You'd be surprised how few cars actually travel this road. We also walked Pe'e Road a lot and again, very little traffic.

I had no idea that some of the units were timeshares. Learn something new everyday!

Marti

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

Martik, I'm very familiar with this section of Pe'e road and walk up and down it for months out of every year. I'd have to disagree with your comment that very few cars use it. It's the main waterfront road to get to all the condo developments that line Pe'e Road all the way from the Pointe to Poipu Kai. This road is how all of the residents get to their places or vacationers travel to Brennecke's or Poipu Beach. I was surprised to read your comment that few cars use it. I'm glad the traffic didn't affect you considering your unit backed right up to it but it really is a well-travelled road, as far as Poipu standards go.

Edited: 12 September 2010, 08:06
Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Poipu Beach Park
Poipu Beach Park
3,971 Reviews
Kauai, HI
8. Re: Unit 301 Nihi Kai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 14:31
;