We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in kauai

Dayton, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in kauai

I am getting maried in kauai next April. I am trying to find the best

wedding planner and photographer in South Maui.

Any suggestions would be great...

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in kauai

Congratulations on your engagement. You might want to clarify Kauai or Maui --

Either way, if you choose to use a Wedding Planner, instead of planning your own, the planner would likely have a photographer s/he usually works with. S/he can also hook you up with an officiant to perform the wedding ceremony, according to your spiritual beliefs and other vendors to complete the package.

Most resorts and some restaurants have an event planner - so if you plan to have your wedding at a resort, the planner there will hook you up with the vendors they usually use.

If you wish to have a small simple wedding on a beach, and wish to have a say in what other vendors are included, then you may not need a planner at all, just your officiant and the photographer and maybe some flowers.

Once you find your wedding officiant (whether religious or non-religious) and/or a photographer, the rest of the vendors will fall into place with recommendations for those they like to work with.

As an officiant, I can recommend several photographers who do amazing work. Vilma Bergenholtz is one: http: //vilmabergenholtz.com She is based on the east side, so travels north or south, depending on the wishes of her clients. I've got about a dozen more choices too. I like to let my clients chose which style they like best and/or which fits their budget best.

You'll find that most wedding vendors on Kauai will travel island wide - since it's just not that big of an island.

Good luck to you. I do know a wedding planner/officiant on Maui, if you would like her contact info.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
2. Re: Wedding in kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2011, 12:17