We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

Ottawa
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

We will be spending Thanksgiving at the Sheraton Kauai. Do you have any suggestions for dinner in the area, that will not cost a fortune?

Mentioned in this post
Sheraton Kauai Resort
Sheraton Kauai Resort
2,467 Reviews
Kauai, HI
California
Level Contributor
40,628 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

You would have a lot of options.

In the past both the Sheraton and Grand Hyatt had buffets. I think the Sheraton's buffet was a lot less than Hyatt's.

I would also check out 22 North, the old Gaylord's Restaurant. It's a beautiful setting and in the past Gaylord's had a lovely traditional dinner.

If you want to make a resv for Sheraton here is the number. 808-742-4011.

I would also bet most popular places are open like Plantation Garden or Beach House. Maybe even Keoki's is open and that is reasonable to me, but I don't know if they do a typical turkey dinner option if that's what your looking for.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,986 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Well, first of all you do know that the Sheraton "Shells" restaurant does a big Thanksgiving buffet dinner right? I think it is right around $35.00 a person normally - expensive? Yes, but it is a great place with a fabulous view and good food.

As far as less expensive - you would have places such as "Joe's On The Green", "Brennecke's Beach Broiler" - both moderately priced and in the immediate area here.

If you want to go a little farther afield - suggestions for moderately priced meals would be: Kalaheo Steak House (Kalaheo), Waimea Brewing Company at Waimea Plantation Cottages (Waimea) - this is a beautiful location set in a grove of coco palms in a lovely grove by the ocean. Both of these are going to the West.

If you go towards Lihu'e - Duke's at the Lihu'e Marriott also is a good choice - beautiful view of Kalapaki Bay, moderately priced, good food and great ambiance.

None of these places will cost a fortune - unless you add on a lot of alcohol of course!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Edited: 22 September 2010, 05:55
Mentioned in this post
Brennecke's Beach Broiler
Brennecke's Beach Broiler
3,784 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Waimea Plantation Cottages
Waimea Plantation...
902 Reviews
Kauai, HI
The West Inn Kauai
The West Inn Kauai
44 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,616 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

I really recommend Plantation Gardens - for the setting and for the convenience of it too. It's not the cheapest but it won't cost you your firstborn child either.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
58,370 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

Not many non-hotel restaurants are open Thanksgiving day. As you get closer to Nov. I'd Google "Thanksgiving dinner Poipu" and see if any options pop up.

Other than that, the Sheraton will be your best bet probably.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

We had our Thanksgiving dinner at Plantation Gardens last year - it was excellent. You can order off the regular menu, plus they had a traditional thanksgiving special that was very reasonably priced and looked very good! It is such a beautiful location and so handy to the Sheraton, I would recommend giving them a call to see what they have planned for this year .

Ottawa
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

Thanks - i think we'll take your advice !

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
757 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

Most restaurants are open, except for the small local restaurants. There are more tourists around that week so it would not make sense financially to close. You could try any of the restaurants near the Sheraton, but I would definitely recommend Plantation Gardens!

8. Re: Thanksgiving near Sheraton Kauai resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 13:54