We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there uber in Kauai?

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Topic
Is there uber in Kauai?

Hello,

It's our second time in Kauai, but this time we are traveling without kids. So we will be staying in Sheraton resort and don't plan to travel around the island. We just booked Napali coast sunset cruise, so I wonder how can we get to harbor without renting the car.

Is there uber in Kauai?

Is the taxi expensive to get around Poipu area and near by?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
50 replies to this topic
Kauai, Hawaii
2 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

There is Uber on Kauai! Although it just recently got here. The taxis here are super expensive. And Uber can't pick you up from the airport. Otherwise, Uber is your best and cheapest bet.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
42. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 October 2017, 03:35

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,455 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

DH travels a lot, and in his experience, Uber barely exists on Kaua`i. I wouldnʻt count on them.

California
Level Contributor
40,645 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

Cheeky must be an Uber driver. Don't count on them.

Kauai, Hawaii
2 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

I am not an Uber driver. But I have used Uber here. Weird accusation on your part jebett.

1 post
Save Reply
46. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

There are uber drivers available on Kauai. It’s new since March of this year so there are not a whole lot of drivers because no one is really using uber here. The more people start using uber the more drivers will be attracted

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Teaticket...
Level Contributor
1 post
195 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

Not getting much results in Poipu, the app shows a car, but when you try to confirm it the app just spins around a map of the area, later get an alert that all cars are "busy" try again later in a few minutes

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,455 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

Post #46 notwithstanding, Uber is almost nonexistent on Kauaʻi. There are so few drivers that you really canʻt rely on it.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
25,455 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

As I sit here right now there are 2 Uber cars showing up on the app. One in Kapahi, one in Wailua.

Lihue, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
50. Re: Is there uber in Kauai?

How to get a Lyft or Uber at Lihue Airport.

As of March 1st 2018, both rideshare platforms cannot pickup at curb side, so you have to walk outside the geofence to get one. Here’s how you do it.

As you exit the terminal, turn left and head southwest to the intersection of Kapule Highway and Kaana Street and place the pin just outside the geofence to request a ride. Bring an umbrella just in case.

Good luck and welcome to Kauai.

Mentioned in this post
Lihue
Lihue
Kauai, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Reply to: Is there uber in Kauai?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted