We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain/showers/wind Hana hike

United States
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
11,392 posts
247 reviews
Save Topic
Rain/showers/wind Hana hike

I see rain- showers- wind in the forecast until the end of the week (that's when we leave Maui). We want to hike the Pipiwai Trail one of these days and are wondering if what we see on weather apps is "really true to form" at what you might get while in Hana.

Mentioned in this post
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Pipiwai Trail
Pipiwai Trail
1,091 Reviews
Maui, HI
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
70,097 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain/showers/wind Hana hike

Deanna, as I said a few days ago, you would have been best to do this yesterday or today :-(. But, I'd for sure go tomorrow. Hard to say what Friday may bring.

I posted a link to the Hana NWS forecast in your other thread.

Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,511 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain/showers/wind Hana hike

Do it as soon as possible!!

Mundelein, IL
Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain/showers/wind Hana hike

Based on the forecast I would do it on Friday. My brother and I hiked the trail almost two weeks ago. It was pouring rain until with got to Hana and then it was clear. When we arrived they told us they had not had any rain for over a week and the flow on the waterfall was lite. We loved the total hike especially the Bamboo forest.

My wife and I are still here, so,perhaps we will see you around the Mahana.

I look at the forecast for Central and Hana.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Bamboo Forest
Bamboo Forest
188 Reviews
Maui, HI
4. Re: Rain/showers/wind Hana hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2018, 14:17