We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we see any whales?

Vancouer, BC, CANADA
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Will we see any whales?

We are heading to Kihei April 15 for 10 days. Is there much chance that some whales will still be hanging out then?

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will we see any whales?

Hi JoJi11,

We were there last week of March and it was already the tail end of the whale season, but we still seen some. You may see some, but not like the easy spottings before March.

Calgary
Level Contributor
65 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will we see any whales?

We went in mid to late April 2008 and we didn't see much from shore (unlike going there in March when you see them breaching while you are relaxing on the beach) but we did take a dolphin watching tour with Pacific Whale Foundation (I think that was the name) and we saw 3 whales on that tour. The dolphin watching was great too - we saw lots of spinners.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Will we see any whales?

You may be able to spot some stragglers, if you go out on a whale watching trip, but most have already started heading north at that point. The Maui humpbacks summer in the Gulf of Alaska.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,840 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will we see any whales?

The best way to see whales in mid, late April is by boat. Go on a whale watching trip or snokeling boat. Seeing them from shore at this time will be difficult but not impossible!!

Vancouer, BC, CANADA
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will we see any whales?

Thanks to all who provided some input....I will just cross my fingers that I will see some! Aloha!

6. Re: Will we see any whales?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 13:16