We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Hikes while visiting Maui?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
2 Hikes while visiting Maui?

My husband and I are staying around Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina. We want to do two hikes while we are in Maui. And I'm wondering what would be everyone's favourite?!

I was thinking about doing the Twin Falls hike just because we were going to go to Paia anyways.

We are both athletic and we will have the "proper shoes". We are also renting an SUV to get around. We will also be going to Oahu and will be looking to do only one hike there (maybe Kokohead?).

Mentioned in this post
Lahaina
Lahaina
Maui, HI
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Paia
Paia
Maui, HI
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Hikes while visiting Maui?

Are you doing the Road To Hana? Pipiwai Trail is my favorite there. Not a true hike.. basically a long walk, I love the Kapalua Coastal Trail. If doing Haleakala..part of the Sliding Sands Trail?

Edited: 01 April 2017, 05:21
Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Pipiwai Trail
Pipiwai Trail
1,091 Reviews
Maui, HI
Kapalua Coastal Trail
Kapalua Coastal Trail
898 Reviews
Maui, HI
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
69,957 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Hikes while visiting Maui?

There are also some other hikes in Kapalua, including a couple of tougher ones. Here's a link for you:

www.kapalua.com/activities/hiking-trails

Mentioned in this post
Kapalua
Kapalua
Maui, HI
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Hikes while visiting Maui?

Thanks I'll check these both out! As for Road to Hana, we are still trying to decide if we are going to do it!

Mentioned in this post
Hana
Hana
Maui, HI
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 Hikes while visiting Maui?

Thank you!

5. Re: 2 Hikes while visiting Maui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2018, 13:18