We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohana Malia or Ohana East?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ohana Malia or Ohana East?

We are traveling in August to attend my sister's wedding. I think that we are staying at either the Outrigger Waikiki or the Outrigger Regency ourselves but some of our family members are interested in either the Ohana East or the Ohana Malia.

Just wondering if anyone has some recent feedback on either? I know that the Malia was recently renovated but I think that the East is closer to the beach? Both are the same cost right now.

Thank you for any insight that you may have.

3 replies to this topic
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,503 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ohana Malia or Ohana East?

The Malia has some really nice rooms, but the location of the East cant be beat. Beach, Food, close to the fun and action. Waikiki has so much things to do. Oahu rocks.

Pekin, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ohana Malia or Ohana East?

The Ohana East is closer walking distance to the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. (This is the BEST outrigger IMO...LOVE DUKE'S...YUM!) The Malia provided us quite a looong walk somedays. The Ohana East also has a VERY helpful tour desk! :-)

west chester
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ohana Malia or Ohana East?

I have been to OHAU several times and have always stayed at OHANA EAST! can't beat the price and location! updated the mattresses on beds and new carpet not that long ago close to OUTRIGGER and DUKES and the BEACH!

Reply to: Ohana Malia or Ohana East?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waimanalo