We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimanalo Beach Cottages

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
39 posts
Waimanalo Beach Cottages

Okay,

I have booked a cottage from April 23rd to April 30th. It's a two bedroom, fairly cheap but super cute from what I see. I am only fearing that we are going to be too far from Waikiki. We are wanting something in between lively and also quiet a times. I don't want to be too far away from restaurants. I am worried I might regret my first trip staying too far. Any opinions. My ultimate vacation would be nice beaches, quiet at times, grilling with a view of the beach, good food. We are renting a car the entire stay.

17 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,717 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

Don't sweat it, you're only a 30-45 minute drive from Waikiki. It will be quiet. There are places to eat in Waimanalo. I'm not too familiar with them.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,227 posts
262 reviews
2. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

After spending some wonderful beach time at Waimanalo Bay State Rec. Area, I would stay there in a minute! It's a beautiful part of Oahu. I can see myself grilling some fresh fish with a coconut rum and pineapple juice in hand! Visit Waikiki as day trips and have a great time. Oh, please tell us about it afterwards!

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
39 posts
3. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

I just want my first time to be perfect. I have had alot of people say, you need to stay closer. BUT, I don't want the Vegas feel. I want the real Hawaii feel but with options of course. Thank you for the feedback I was really nervous!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,717 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

I assure you Waikiki is nothing like Vegas and it is the VERY REAL Hawaii. People don't realize how much Hawaiian history there is in Waikiki. It's not for everyone though!! You will love Waimanalo.

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
39 posts
5. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

I have never been so I am not really sure. I was just told that. No offense sorry. :)

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
39 posts
6. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

Is there a certain place in Waikiki that you would recommend staying? More of a condo style? That has a kitchen! :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
6,554 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

There are scads of condos to rent in Waikiki if you decide to go that direction.

Look on

vrbo.com

Edited: 15 January 2015, 02:44
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

We stay in Waimanalo several times a year. We are fortunate and can stay at Bellows AFS but we love Waimanalo and the Windward coast. We like to go into Waikiki once or twice while we are there but would not want to stay there. We like a quieter place and find Waikiki too busy.

Waimanalo is also just ten minutes from Kailua which has many dining options as well as shopping and water activities.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,254 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

We stayed just down the street from the cottages several years ago, if we needed a big house, would go back in a minute. Absolutely beautiful and peaceful beach, we enjoyed the quiet.

We'll be a little farther up the coast in Kailua next month, still can't face the high rises of Waikiki!

Carlsbad, New Mexico
Level Contributor
39 posts
10. Re: Waimanalo Beach Cottages

I looked at the neighborhood and the places around it. It didnt look to bad. Does anyone know anything about the Waikiki Banyan?

Reply to: Waimanalo Beach Cottages
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waimanalo