We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

3 posts
Save Topic
Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

Lost water camera in rough surf this past Friday June 12, 2015. The area of Waimanalo Beach where it was lost.... there is a parking lot directly behind that beach area and parking lot had baseball field beside it and there was restroom/shower area.

Not so concerned about camera loss but more if the lost irreplaceable memories taken from our Hawaii vacation. May be only time in our lifetime we ever get to go to Hawaii. Again really concerned with memory card. Please email if you find If it so happens to wash ashore & is found, I would be forever in debt to you. Yellow Fuji underwater camera with grey strap and 16mb memory card.

Edited: 17 June 2015, 03:54
7 replies to this topic
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

Are you still on island? I'd go to Kinko's, have a few signs printed (make sure you offer a reasonable reward, like $50), and post your flyers near the beach where the camera was lost.

Check Craigs List, too. I've heard others have posted found cameras or memory cards that way.

I wish you luck. It could happen, too. My daughter lost her cell phone in Honolulu last year and a nice man found it and called her, so sometimes good things happen.

Northern California...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

I'd also ask the lifeguard tower. You never know - someone even got their prosthetic leg back after losing it in the ocean (it was wedged in a reef and someone spotted it while swimming).

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

No - no longer on the island- Back in hot humid florida now- yuck!

we searched for a solid hour with snorkel gear and everything but even though water is clear the crashing waves where a wave ripped camera right off my wrist with even the strap tight the waves in that area kicks sand all around so nothing is visible.

Offering $100 plus they can keep camera-(underwater camera value $200+ and is brand new-specifically bought for this Hawaii trip)- would just like to recover memory card with memories of our Hawaii vacation. Again may not be able ever visit Hawaii again. Thank you

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,757 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

"I'd also ask the lifeguard tower. You never know - someone even got their prosthetic leg back after losing it in the ocean (it was wedged in a reef and someone spotted it while swimming)."

That reminds me of this:

fodors.com/community/…pray-for-the-leg.cfm

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

What a story, Dusty!

o210 - check Craigslist, here's the lost and found link:

https:/…laf

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

Any idea how I would contact the lifeguard tower- where to start looking. Does HI post contact information for lifeguard towers at their popular beach locations?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help

I feel your pain we were in Hawaii 3 weeks ago, on the last day of our trip the memory card in my phone fried, and my son took his phone snorkeling, so many amazing pictures and awesome video lost. Needless to say I was beyond devastated...I was lucky that I had posted some to Facebook so at least we had a few. Hope you get your camera back

Edited: 20 June 2015, 15:19
Reply to: Waimanalo Beach- Please Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Waimanalo