We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Friendly Visit

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Friendly Visit

A friend and I are planning to visit Bar Harbor in October with my dog (small) and I was wondering how many days it is suggested to spend in the area? We plan to do some hiking in Acadia, maybe do a boat cruise, and spend some time enjoying the scenery but wasn't sure how long we should plan on being there. We are coming from Boston so plan on driving and will have a car with us.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
4 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Friendly Visit

There is quite a bit to do in Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park plus day trips up or down the coast. Some people stay for three days. Others come back twice a year for a week's visit. Here's an idea of things to do for an eight day trip: https:/…85335336

Mentioned in this post
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
492 Reviews
Mount Desert Island, ME
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
61 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Friendly Visit

I usually say it takes 4-5 days to get a good well rounded trip, and a lifetime to truly experience it.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
140 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Friendly Visit

We come for 2 weeks every year and never get to everything on our activity list! But that includes hiking, biking, fishing, relaxing and eating lots of seafood. But agree that you can see the highlights in less than a week.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet Friendly Visit

That is an amazing itinerary Bonnie!! I'll use that as a base for planning my trip. Thank you!!

Reply to: Pet Friendly Visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted