We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

e-bike for a day- where would you go?

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
e-bike for a day- where would you go?

Hi all

I am going to rent an e-bike for day or half day depending on the weather- while hubby golfs

I am looking at Presidio and GG parks for that time

I have thoughts for both, but wondered if you had a day with this bike- where you would go

also- 3 hours or full day?

is it safe going between the two parks- and which route to get to both? (city or beach route?) I bike in PHX and sometimes it's safe and other times not so much....

end of Jan and likely on a weekday

TIA

Mentioned in this post
Presidio Inn & Suites
Presidio Inn & Suites
222 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Golden Gate Park Self Guided Bike...
3 Reviews
from US$32.00*
Free Cancellation
Golden Gate Park Segway Tour
195 Reviews
from US$75.00*
Free Cancellation
San Francisco GoCar Tour
278 Reviews
from US$65.25*
Free Cancellation
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: e-bike for a day- where would you go?

Arguello is a direct route between the Presidio and GG Park. While it can be a busy street (especially around Geary), there is a bike lane.

However, Lincoln Blvd. through the western part of the Presidio has some beautiful views. Parts of it have a dedicated bike lane, others are a "share-arrow." But there isn't much traffic, especially on a weekday.

From Lincoln Park to GG Park you can drop down to Ocean Beach and then into the park. Once again, traffic should be light on a winter weekday. You could also stop at the Land's End visitor center.

You could easily make a circle route and use Lincoln Blvd. in one direction and Arguello in the other.

Either way I recommend biking along the waterfront in both directions and not trying to bike through town either to or from GG Park (I'm assuming you are renting the bike somewhere near the Wharf).

Mentioned in this post
Presidio Inn & Suites
Presidio Inn & Suites
222 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
The Wharf Inn
The Wharf Inn
956 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,444 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: e-bike for a day- where would you go?

I recommend the bike map provided by San Francisco Bicycle Coalition because it gives you all the info you need for easier travel by bike: https://www.sfbike.org/download/map.pdf

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
3. Re: e-bike for a day- where would you go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2018, 09:17

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
433 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: e-bike for a day- where would you go?

If you like biking and have the time I would recommend a full day. I think in 3 hours you will be rushed. The bike rental place will also give you a lot of great insider info. You can get to the beach from the Presidio. You can also get to it from Golden Gate Park, but its a much longer ride.

Mentioned in this post
Presidio Inn & Suites
Presidio Inn & Suites
222 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Golden Gate Park
Golden Gate Park
8,629 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Reply to: e-bike for a day- where would you go?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted