We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alcatraz

Could anybody recommend the best Alcatraz tour to do, would like to see as many sights in san fransisco as well as we are not going to be there for long

Dylan's Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Bike Tours
Streets of San Francisco Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vantigo Tours
City Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Urban Trek USA
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
4 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz

Are you looking for a package tour that will include Alcatraz and also other SF sights? Or are you wondering whether the day or night tour is better?

Here is detailed information on visiting Alcatraz: https:/…Info.On.Alcatraz.html but not as part of a tour package. For this you would book your tickets yourself for your chosen (depending on availability) time.

I believe there are package tours that include Alcatraz, but I don't know the details, a search of the forum will probably give you some ideas, I believe some are to be avoided as they can be much more expensive than booking it yourself.

If you want to do something like Hop-On-Hop-Off then I imagine you could do that and also do Alcatraz as separate arrangements.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,847 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz

Try not to buy a combined city-Alcatraz tour. Companies that offer those normally mark prices up over what it would cost if you bought separate city and Alcatraz tickets.

Book a tour with a company like Dylan's or Vantego. Then buy Alcatraz tickets from the official ticket seller at www.alcatrazcruises.com

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcatraz

Thank you

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply