We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surprise, AZ
10 posts
Save Topic
San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

My family is meeting in SF for Thanksgiving weekend. I need some suggestions for a nice, moderate place for dinner. We used to do dinner at the buffet at the Hilton which was fabulous, but they closed the restaurant. Any suggestions????

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

Opentable.com should be promoting the list of restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner soon. I recommend you subscribe to their newsletter for San Francisco. Other than that, usually there are special all you can eat buffets at the major hotels including Sheraton's The Palace in their Garden Court, The Huntington Hotel, The Fairmont and The Ritz Carlton ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm ; check the following restaurants

Ame, Home, Millennium (Veg), One Market

Hornblower Cruises does Thanksgiving www.hornblower.com/ and Bay Cruises has a cruise on Thanksgiving, but it is at a premium price: eventswest.us/cruises/cruises_bay_cruises.ht…

you could also have dinner in Carmel at Bernardus Lodge and Winery www.bernardus.com/lodge/calendar/index.htm

Surprise, AZ
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanks so much for the reply, I will check into several of the places.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,809 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

The Palace would be my first pick.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

adding Top of the Mark is also having an event - it's an historic hotel:

Top of the Mark, One Nob Hill, 999 California (at Mason), http://www.topofthemark.com

Thanksgiving Day Brunch & Dinner Buffet, Date/Time:Thu., November 26, 11:00am-7:00pm I'm sure they have a few seatings to pick from. It's got a view.

check back at this page for updates: sfweekly.com/events/…

San Francisco
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

There are lots of choices for Thanksgiving Dinner in San Francisco. Local-Restaurants.Net provides a list of restaurants serving Thanksgiving Dinner in San Francisco. They don't have much detail now, but last year they provided more information as Thanksgiving got closer. They provided information about price and style, which should help you find the type of restaurant you are looking for that fits in your budget.

local-restaurants.net/cities/…Default.aspx

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

Opentable has posted their list

www.opentable.com/promo.aspx…

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

Many of the restaurants listed on the two links aren't in SF. Of the ones that are, many are quite high priced ($85-125pp ... for turkey?). I would cull through the choices and make plans relatively soon.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

On the Open Table list is Rue Saint Jacques and I have heard their Thanksgiving meal is fabulous.

s.f
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

my family and I usually goes to Crown Room @ Fairmont Hotel for dinner Buffet. Very $$$, but food selection is very good.... live jazz overlooking the entire SF.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Francisco/ Thanksgiving Dinner

SF Gate / The Chronicle post an article about local Thanksgiving Dinners: www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi… - Palio d'Asti lowered their prices for their 3-course meal to $59; children younger than 13 will cost their age in dollars.