We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip coming up fast

New Jersey
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Topic
trip coming up fast

Due to arrive in Grand Junction, CO on Sat, 6/29. Plan to take the scenic route to Moab thanks to suggestions found here via 70 West and Route 128. Hope to arrive in Moab @3. Have my itinerary pretty much wrapped up except for 2 afternoons where I need to plug in some adventure lol.

Have guided Arches hike/tour Sunday morning, with rest of the day free - stay at Arches? Head to another park?

Horsesback ride on Wed morning, rest of day free...

Also doing 2 day Cataract Canyon river trip - need advice on whether to bring a camera? One time waterproof throwaway? How about the phone situation? Is it worth bringing my iPhone for some pics or don't risk waterlogging it? lol

Open to suggestions !! So excited as this is my first time out this far West, coming from New Jersey!!!! Have a feeling this is going to be a trip of a lifetime....

Thanks to all for the help :)

Edited: 20 June 2013, 08:38
Moab Tourism Center
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Redrock Express
Taxis & Shuttles, Scenic Drives, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
New Jersey
Level Contributor
189 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: trip coming up fast

The guided Arches tour/hike is covering "Fiery Furnace". I plan to actually drive there in my own vehicle so I can stay in the park after the "guided" part and explore on my own. A rep from the Moab Adventure Ctr suggested Landscape arch, Double Arch and Windows for the afternoon saving Delicate arch for later in the day when it cools down as that trail area is more exposed.

Also, decided to do Canyonlands for the afternoon after the horseback ride which meets at "Red Cliff Lodge"...not sure which company/tour group that is?

Hoping the folks at the adventure center can direct me on what to cover at Canyonlands.

Otherwise, packing underway, just a few last minute items to get, then OFF I go next Saturday to MOAB!!!

I'll be sure to post a trip report upon my return and hopefully some GREAT photos :-)

Again, thank you all for the great suggestions.

Kim

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: trip coming up fast

Good advice about Arches. Delicate is great at sunset.

Here is a link for hiking in the Island In The Sky district of Canyonlands. Mesa Arch should be on your short list. A lot of this area is great overlooks.

americansouthwest.net/utah/canyonlands/islan…

Have so much fun!!!!

13. Re: trip coming up fast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 12:16