We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytona international and Kennedy Space Center

Ostersund, Sweden
Level Contributor
165 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Daytona international and Kennedy Space Center

Hi!

We are two couples planning a trip to Florida in January. We would like to take a tour at Daytona International in the morning and are wondering if it's possible to even see Kennedy Space Center on the same day, before going down to Fort Lauderdale?

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
NASA Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
NASA Kennedy Space...
17,342 Reviews
Titusville, FL
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
3 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytona international and Kennedy Space Center

Google Maps shows that Daytona International Speedway is about 60 miles or about 1 hour driving time (without traffic problems), then KSC to Ft. Lauderdale is about 200 miles and 3 hours driving time (without traffic problems). So total, that's 4 hours just for the driving, at a minimum.

How long do you need to see the speedway and KSC? That's something you have to decide.

Will you want to eat lunch? dinner?

Sounds like it would be a fully scheduled, long day.

Mentioned in this post
Daytona International Speedway
Daytona International...
3,073 Reviews
Daytona Beach, FL
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,281 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytona international and Kennedy Space Center

It is doable, although of course your time at each attraction would probably be a bit rushed. I checked the Daytona tour schedule and you should be able to jump on a 90 minute tour at 9:30 AM. Figure you leave Daytona by 11:45, get to KSC by 1, and that should give you a decent amount of time there. I'm not sure how the KSC VIC hours might vary, but right now the place closes a 6. You could probably be down in Laudedale by 9ish.

What is included in the Daytona tour depends on what's going on on the track. If they're testing they won't take the tram on the track surface and may be otherwise limited. You might want to check ahead for the day you'll be there.

KSC has an nice museum and activites right at the main attraction and also bus tours out to very worth while secondary attractions and/or sights. The only time I was there recently we took the Cape tour, because my Dad spent time there back in the day and wanted to see the old place.

Edited: 21 September 2016, 09:46
Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
591 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytona international and Kennedy Space Center

To really get the full effect of KSC you need pretty much a whole day.

Reply to: Daytona international and Kennedy Space Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Titusville