We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

Can you tell me which hotel is the best to stay at and your reasons why. Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
149 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
1,187 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Best Seller
NYC One World Observatory...
540 Reviews
from US$34.00*
Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

I just want to bump this up in hope I get some advice.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

Is there a particular reason why the decision is between these 2 hotels?

Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

Those are the two that I have looked at. In general, I like Marriott Resorts because I know what to expect. However, I noticed the Warwick advertised for about the same price as the Marriott and some of the reviews, and the history of the hotel seemed interesting.

So, I would like to know from someone that has stayed at both of these resorts, which one is nicer. I know that the Warwick is a bit closer to Time Square and a few other attractions. But, from what I can tell from looking at a map the distance isn't that great. So, I think the decision will come down to which resort is the nicest.

Mentioned in this post
Warwick New York
Warwick New York
4,711 Reviews
New York City, NY
Time Square Apartments
Time Square Apartments
28 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

I don't know the dates of your visit or what prices you've been quoted for these 2 hotels, but my hunch is that you could probably do better for the same, and quite possibly less, money.

My suggestion: start by plugging in your dates via the Search Hotels feature on the first page of TA's NYC Hotels section. This will make it easy for you to see what's available for the dates you need, a fair idea of the price (you may be able to find a hotel cheaper on a website other than those that participate in this TA feature) AND quickly access the guest reviews here on TA.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g60763-New_York_City_…

Post back if you then need further help making a decision amongst several hotels.

Just so you know... there's no hotel in Manhattan that is a "resort", if by that you mean a hotel set on landscaped grounds with recreational amenities such as pool & tennis courts.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

I have done all my research and have narrowed it down to these two.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

Thanks for letting us know, not everyone does that kind of legwork before they post here :-)

I've not been in the Marriott East Side recently enough to offer a fair & informed comparison between the two, sorry.

Mentioned in this post
New York Marriott East Side
New York Marriott East...
2,382 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

I know nothing about the inside of either hotel, but the reviews for the Warwick are, on balance, better than the reviews for the Marriott, and the Warwick has the advantage of being closer to the park.

Mentioned in this post
Warwick New York
Warwick New York
4,711 Reviews
New York City, NY
Sausalito...
Level Contributor
164 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

The Warwick has the advantage of being at a great location. I was there in February 2008 and was satisfied. The only drawback was that there was a mix of recently renovated and not-so-recently renovated rooms - and I got one of the more tired ones. By now, I would hope all of the rooms have been renovated.

Mentioned in this post
Warwick New York
Warwick New York
4,711 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
103,628 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

The Marriott Eastside has been an awful hotel for many years but recently was renovated and evidently fixed their staff problems. From reviews here it sounds like things have improved dramatically. I'd say the location of the Warwick is better, but given recent reviews on this Marriott, it will be fresher and newer since the Warwick has not had a redo in some time. I'd be curious to know what dates and prices you're looking at and what you look for in a hotel. Have you had a look at the travelers photos of each on the reviews page? Do you plan on doing a lot of theater while you're here (the Warwick is a better location for that)?

Mentioned in this post
Warwick New York
Warwick New York
4,711 Reviews
New York City, NY
Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Warwick or the Marriott East Side Hotel

My rate at the New York Marriott East Side is $120 per night for 3 nights.

Mentioned in this post
New York Marriott East Side
New York Marriott East...
2,382 Reviews
New York City, NY