We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree or Renaissance Hotel

Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree or Renaissance Hotel

Coming to New York in a couple of weeks. I have narrowed my hotel choice to either the Doubletree or the Renaissance, both in Times Square. (Currently have reservations at both places)

Can you please advise which hotel has the better view, and reasons why you would chose one of the other. Thanks for you advice.

Mentioned in this post
Times Square
Times Square
45,677 Reviews
New York City, NY
Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,167 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree or Renaissance Hotel

The Renaissance is a 4-diamond property while the Doubletree is a 3-diamond one. Due to the location of the Renaissance, none of the rooms really have much of a view. I've stayed there twice and would stay again. I don't know if the higher floors at the Doubletree offer any views. Perhaps by bumping this to the top, someone who has stayed there can answer your questions.

As for which one I would choose---any time I can get a 4-diamond property for the same cost as a 3-diamond one, the 4-diamond one is going to win!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
103,288 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree or Renaissance Hotel

The Doubletree is an all suite hotel so if you're coming with kids or have a reason to favor a 1 bedroom suite, that's the better option. The rooms however are in need of updating and it's not a fancy hotel. The Renaissance is more recently updated, smaller and nicer.

The best views in the Times Square area wouldn't be at either of these. The Marriott Marquis with it's floor to ceiling windows, many overlooking Times Square would be better. The Crowne Plaza is most recently renovated and might be a better option still.

Mentioned in this post
Times Square
Times Square
45,677 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York Marriott Marquis
New York Marriott Marquis
11,931 Reviews
New York City, NY
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,613 Reviews
New York City, NY
3. Re: Doubletree or Renaissance Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 14:20