We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near Wright Cycle Co. and Dayton aviation sites

Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
71 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near Wright Cycle Co. and Dayton aviation sites

We are planning a trip to Dayton to see sites related to the Wright Brothers and their part in aviation history. My husband just read the Wright Brothers book and wants to start with the Wright Cycle Company and see other Dayton aviation sites. It looks like these are in multiple locations. I also notice some highway construction on the maps. Where is the best location for us to stay, and which hotels would you recommend in that area? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Mentioned in this post
cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near Wright Cycle Co. and Dayton aviation sites

You are correct - the aviation heritage area is quite spread out with multiple locations.

I would suggest looking along the I-675 beltway for a motel for two reasons: its where many of the motels are, and you would be centrally located to drive to all of the area aviation venues - Air Force Museum(2 day minimum to do it all) to the East and the Cycle/Carillon Park/ Sunwatch Village(1 day) area to the west.

Review the TA attractions page for Dayton, the AF Museum website for details about them plus the Dayton CVB for the area in general. CVB's usually have coupons, deals, and discounts although AFM is free.

Whatever you do, don't overlook the Armstrong Museum just up the road in Wapakeneta - a must do.

Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Bloomington, IN
Level Contributor
71 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near Wright Cycle Co. and Dayton aviation sites

Thanks very much. This points me in the right direction on hotels and on the sites also.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,511 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near Wright Cycle Co. and Dayton aviation sites

Bassbum offers the BEST Dayton advice.

We suggest the full scale Mattiott for best care.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: Hotels near Wright Cycle Co. and Dayton aviation sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2018, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Dayton