We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PHL terminal b to a

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
487 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
PHL terminal b to a

I'm thinking of staying at the Marriot that is connected to terminal B, but my flight is out of terminal A. Is it to far to lug our suitcases(one large and 2 carryons) from one to another? Is it all indoors, or do we have to go out?I dont mind a walk, the cases are on wheels, but this is for February, would rather not be outside!!! My other option is to stay outside the airport, and use the hotel shuttle, but I hate having to rely on anything in the early morning hours.

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia
#2 of 89 hotels in Philadelphia
Chestnut Hill Hotel
Chestnut Hill Hotel
#5 of 89 hotels in Philadelphia
The Windsor Suites
The Windsor Suites
#6 of 89 hotels in Philadelphia
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PHL terminal b to a

It is 100% indoors, and there are moving walkways for much of the way.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,582 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PHL terminal b to a

I do it all the time for early morning flights. Worst case, there is a smarte carte rental right in the connector tunnel to get you to the luggage drop.

Now, there is a caveat. If your check-in is in terminal A, I am not 100% sure you can get to the checkin point staying indoors (the main walkway is post-security. Which airline are you flying and domestic or intl?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
487 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PHL terminal b to a

Flying international, USAirways to punta cana.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,582 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PHL terminal b to a

Yeah, US Airways intl is checked in at A terminal. I don't think you can drop your bags at B, but you could check with US Air.

Either way its not a horrible walk unless the weather is really bad,

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PHL terminal b to a

Unfortunately, since you are fliying international, you won't be able to check your luggage at terminal B. From the Marriott you will have to walk to Terminal A-West, which is where US Airways international operates out of. I'm sorry to say that there is no connection between terminals B and A outside the checkpoints.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about staying at the Marriott. It would make a difference if you're flying out of B or C terminals, but not so much when flying out of A. You can probably get a better rate at the hotels around the airport, plus you won't have to do all the walking in the freezing cold. The shuttles are reliable. I've used them myself many times and never had a problem, nor have I heard of anybody else missing their flights due to a late hotel shuttle. Just be sure you check the shuttle schedule if the shuttle doesn't work on demand, and/or let the front desk know the time that you wish to be at the airport so that proper arrangements can be made if at all necessary.

Have a safe trip!

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PHL terminal b to a

Paris is correct. I hadn't considered the effects of checking baggage for international flights.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,582 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PHL terminal b to a

I checked with US Air. You CAN check an international bag in B/C BUT you must do it no later than 3 hours before your flight to allow them to get the bag over to A and have it screened, and even that is at the discretion of the desk agent (you also can't use a kiosk).

That pretty much negates the benefit of the Marriott, so I would consider the Sheraton Suites or Hilton as well, both of which have good shuttle services.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
487 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PHL terminal b to a

Thanks for all the input. It does negate the Sheraton, especially since I have to park off site anyway. Will look into the Sheraton and hilton.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,582 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PHL terminal b to a

Actually parking off site is one of the benefits to the Marriott. You can park at pre-flight, or others, have them drop you at Term B and walk to the hotel..

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
487 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PHL terminal b to a

True, that is an idea. Do you know is they (the Marriot)have a shuttle to take me to the other terminal? We are able to get a good price at the Marriot, actually cheaper then some of the others.