We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how can i get from philadelphia to manheim by bus or train?

philadelphia, pa
1 post
Save Topic
how can i get from philadelphia to manheim by bus or train?

i wanted to know if theres any way i can get from philadelphia to manheim by bus or train because i dont drive and i have no one who can get me out there.

if there are any ways can you tell me which buses and/or trains i would have to take and how much it would cost.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how can i get from philadelphia to manheim by bus or train?

You can get to Lancaster via Amtrak quite easily and quickly, but there also apparently is an Amtrak station at Mt. Joy (which may be a little closer to Manheim). Casual check of Greyhound and Trailways doesn't show any service to Manheim. You might be able to take a taxi from either Amtrak station. I actually would call wherever you are going in Manheim and ask them the best way to get to and from Amtrak.

Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Manheim
Manheim
Lancaster County, PA
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,584 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how can i get from philadelphia to manheim by bus or train?

I could not find direct service to Manheim PA. Mt. Joy is the closest station, tickets are around $22 each way and you would need to take a cab. $12-$20 for the cab depending on exactly where you are going. Have a cell phone, the Mt. Joy stop is an open platform with no services.

If you need a full station, Lancaster is 3 miles further out.

Mentioned in this post
Manheim
Manheim
Lancaster County, PA
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how can i get from philadelphia to manheim by bus or train?

You would want to take the train to the Lancaster station, then look at RRTA for the bus to Manheim. DO NOT GO TO MT. JOY! - Amtrak just continues west, while Manheim is due North of Lancaster City. While it may appear closer milage wise on a map, Mt. Joy is in the middle of no where, with virtually no platform. It would be very hard to get a cab there. You can get buses from in Lancaster city.

http://www.redrosetransit.com/

Edited: 17 December 2009, 06:42
Mentioned in this post
Lancaster
Lancaster
Lancaster County, PA
Manheim
Manheim
Lancaster County, PA
4. Re: how can i get from philadelphia to manheim by bus or train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 12:19