We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?

We have a mid July week long Trip to Jacksonville. Being from Charlotte we were getting tired of Myrtle Beach Charleston and even Hilton head in the summer so wanted to try Jacksonville. But wanted to see if Mud July will be unbearably hot in Jax. We will rent the beach umbrella for the day but wanted to see if it’s a bad idea and does it gets really hot and muggy To enjoy the beach in July.

5 replies to this topic
Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,548 posts
119 reviews
1. Re: Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?

Jacksonville is hot in the summer but at the beach there is always a breeze or wind to keep you cooler. The beach is 5 degrees cooler in summer than the city. It's the opposite in winter. It's a rare day when I think of the weather as muggy. I guess if I'm not comfortable outside, I just go inside. I like the weather here. I can wear shorts 24/7 six months of the year.

Y'all come, and stay at the beach.

Consider staying at the Seahorse Oceanfront Inn. www.jacksonvilleoceanfronthotel.com/#welcome

It's popular. You have to reserve early.

Spirit

Edited: 19 May 2018, 10:45
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?

Thank you Spirit !!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,552 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?

There's no doubt that it's hot in July, but I don't think that it's miserably hot on the beach. As Spirit says, there's usually a nice breeze and you can always cool off in the water.

Have fun!

Vicki

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
4. Re: Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?

I was in Jacksonville last week and it was hot and humid but the beach was fantastic! Pack a beach umbrella...that direct sun was a beast!! Enjoy!!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
7 posts
143 reviews
5. Re: Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?

The Courtyard Marriott and the Hampton have a company that rents chairs and umbrellas, so you dont have to lug your stuff around with you. They have nice amenities and there are local restaurants around them to walk to after a long day at the beach. I think it costs us $40 per day for 2 chairs and an umbrella. Well, worth it to us.

July is a great time, as the sea-breeze kicks in during the afternoon and its a real treat with cool air from the water. Ave temps are 92 each day inland, but at the beach, it can be even cooler with the breeze. A nice time in Jacksonville.

Reply to: Is July too hot for Jacksonville beach ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jacksonville