We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best areas in Jacksonville/Jacksonville Beach!

Wichita, Kansas
1 post
Save Topic
Best areas in Jacksonville/Jacksonville Beach!

Hi. Myself and my boyfriend will be moving to Florida around the end of this year. We are a young couple just starting out. Can anyone recommend good areas of Jacksonville to move to that is also close to the beach, low crime, easy access to shopping etc, of course all this does not have to be spot on, but just to give you a general idea of what we are looking for. Also, some area that is affordable. Thank you in advance!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best areas in Jacksonville/Jacksonville Beach!

Hi Alex! Welcome to the Tripadvisor Forums! We will need more information from you to be able to answer. Are you looking to buy/rent a house? Apartment? Condo? Also, what do you consider affordable? Anything closer to the beaches will be more expensive. So how close to the beaches do you want to be? Five minutes? Twenty minutes? I think we can give you some help if we know a little bit more about what you're looking for.

Vicki

Tequesta, Florida
Level Contributor
151 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best areas in Jacksonville/Jacksonville Beach!

I personally love the Neptune Beach/Atlantic Beach/Jacksonville Beach area. Lots of young people; easy beach access; fun restaurants, bars & shops. My son is in his mid 20's and has lived in that area for 4 years. He went to the University & now is staying for work. In those particular areas, lots of people bike around. There are lots of small cottage type homes, condos & apartment properties.

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,741 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best areas in Jacksonville/Jacksonville Beach!

Trip Advisor discourages "moving to" questions, so you might post about a visit to check the place out.

Jacksonville Beach was coming out of a long slump when I left the area 15 years ago. First efforts were being made to put up new retail/restaurant buildings in the empty "blighted area," which is now thriving. The beach, wide and flat at low tide, is a great people magnet.

4. Re: Best areas in Jacksonville/Jacksonville Beach!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2016, 13:16