We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GoToBus from Jacksonville to New York City

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
GoToBus from Jacksonville to New York City

So I am a college student so I can't afford to fly and talking a train is not an option at all(ITS SO SLOW AND EXPENSIVE). So I am left with the bus. I found GoToBus on line and the tickets are $40 each way, so unless there is a cheeper option thats how I'm getting there. I want to know what the buses are like what your experience was if there where many stops and if you had to change stations or stayed on the bus. There are three bus companies to chose from Atlanta Tours Inc, Star Lines Express, and Y and H so please tell me which one you chose. I want to know everything about what you can bring if they stop for food? Was the bus two stories? What where the people like? Was it on time? Was there wifi and was it god? Where there TV's? Charging outlets? Do the seats recline? and ANY TIPS! Its a red eye bus ride so its about a 16 hour trip any suggestions on what to bring. if any of you have pictures of the buses please send them. Thanks Mitch

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,407 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GoToBus from Jacksonville to New York City

Hi Mitch,

I haven't heard of this company before. Their site looks very professional. Google Images has pictures of nice looking GoToBus buses. Take a look. That's all I can tell you.

Come back here and tell us how you like your trip!

Spirit

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GoToBus from Jacksonville to New York City

I enjoy going down these rabbit holes. It looks like GoToBus is just a reservation site for a variety of so-called Chinatown bus companies ie super cheap no frills buses. It looks like what you get is a seat. I would assume there is no wi fi and probably limited stops. If you were to go this way, I'd bring food/drink and plan on not being able to charge your electronics. I did look at MegaBus, a company that has good reviews. They have a bus from Jacksonville to Atlanta, then a bus from Atlanta to NYC. Wi fi equipped and, I think, with power ports. But a look at Kayak shows $100 flights from JAX to NYC, so flying may be an option.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GoToBus from Jacksonville to New York City

That's one long bus ride, food and time, the extra $60 each way may be worth the flight...

4. Re: GoToBus from Jacksonville to New York City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2016, 13:16