We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

USA
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

We are looking for a few days of quiet in a vacation rental with direct access to a quiet beach over the xmas/new years holiday. We are considering Jekyll or St Simon or Tybee... but have a million questions! Will these places be shuttered over the holiday? On which ones can we walk our (leashed) dog on the beach? Recommendations for a rental in any three? We just want a relaxed vacation with beautiful beach, a walking area, and some decent restaurants. Help!

Mentioned in this post
Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island
Golden Isles of Georgia, GA
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

I know for a fact no dogs on Tybee beaches so you can check it off your list.

Mentioned in this post
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
Savannah, Ga
Destination Expert
for Cherokee, Tybee Island
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

If you want to walk your dog on the beach do not go to Tybee. It is a min. of either 200.00 or 250.00 dollar fine YEAR round for walking your dog on the beach. I know Jekyll allows dogs on the beach. Check out their website. I am not shore about St.Simon island.

I wish they would let you walk your dogs at Tybee because mine loves the beach.

John

Mentioned in this post
Tybee Island
Tybee Island
Georgia Coast, GA
Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island
Saint Simons...
Level Contributor
725 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

St Simons allow dogs on the beach in the off season. That's non summer months. I'm not sure about Jekyll. St Simons have condo's and hotels that you would need to call individually about their dog policy. St Simons has more restaurants and shops then Jekyll and might be more what you want.

Mentioned in this post
Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Island
Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island
Newnan, Georgia
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

Jekyll is the pick of the three listed.... great walking - great beach - dogs are allowed - good restaurants - great places to stay.....historic district, golf, bicycling, the best restaurant is the seafood place in the small shopping center. It is a relaxing atmosphere - not crowded.

Check out their website: www.jekyllisland.com ..then come back to Trip Advisor for your reviews....

Mentioned in this post
Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island
5. Re: Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2009, 00:48
6. Re: Jekyll or St.Simon (or Tybee) with dog over xmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 12:16