We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali prices

1 post
Save Topic
Bali prices

How much should I pay for sarongs , sunnies, dresses in bali

4 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,101 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali prices

Lisa, that's a rather broad question. Go to a few fixed price shops first to get ideas of prices. The better quality the item, the more it will cost. I always buy my sunnies from my optometrist in Bali, so better quality frames and lenses than many you get offered by beach sellers. Price is always discounted, by how much depends on how much I'm spending on new glasses.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sans Souci...
Level Contributor
341 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali prices

You can pay from Rp30,000 for a sarong. I don't buy from the beach sellers but a sarong shop on Jl Double Six/Seminyak. Shops here are wholesale (many different colours/print etc) but you can buy retail & the more you buy there is room to bargain.

Husband bought a pair of sunnies from Tootsies (fixed price shop) in Sanur for Rp30,000 & sunnies from Wina Optical (shops on Jl Raya Kuta/Kuta & also Jl Danau Poso, Sanur) Rp150,000.

From the beach sellers/stands in shops around Kuta/Legian you will need to bargain.

Dresses, again it depends on how well you bargain and what you want to pay. i've paid Rp70,000 for tie dyed dresses from 'shops' at the southern end of Sanur amongst the beach Warungs,

Mentioned in this post
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
780 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali prices

There are all kinds of sarongs, many different qualities and techniques that affect the price. As mentioned above, the beach sellers sell the cheapest quality, although many people actually like these. I used to buy wholesale from Jalan Double Six because they have beautiful items.

Level Contributor
676 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali prices

It all depends on quality. Prices can range from 30.000 IDR to 100.000 IDR. One thing for sure don’t pay more than 50.000 for a T- Shirt and 30.000 for a singlet.

Reply to: Bali prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Legian
;