We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

My boyfriend and I are going to Seattle the weekend before Christmas. Can anyone suggest their favorite things to do and see in Seattle right before Christmas? Your favorite restaurants, pubs, lounges, etc.? Maybe something off the grid?

Thanks! :)

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
467 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

Im a foodie so I personally love the Savor Seattle food tours. They have a gourmet tour that I found really fun. There are lots of things to do so I guess it would depend on your interests. The Seattle Art Museum is great and I love to spend time walking around the Seattle Center. For brunch I recommend Toulouse Petit or Terra Platta. When I am downtown I usually stroll through Pike Place Market and then end up at Lost River Winery for a flight of wine or over to Le Panier for a treat.

Level Contributor
35,238 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

The Pink Door, Dahlia Lounge, Six Seven, Etta's and Anchovies and Olives are a few of our favorite restaurants in Seattle. :).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
539 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

The Sheraton hotel has a gingerbread village display in the lobby - various architects team up with the bakers to create elaborate structures, free but donations requested for charity. The Fairmont Olympic has holiday teas and a decorated "teddy bear suite" to visit. Argosy has a decorated Christmas ship you can ride in a parade of lighted boats, or you can watch from shore. This website has a list of holiday activities: www.downtownholidays.com/home.aspx#Events

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

Here is another website of listings:

http://www.visitseattle.org/Home.aspx#

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,740 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

You said you were going the weekend before Christmas. Are you going back Sunday then? The reason I ask is that the finale of the Christmas Ship festival is Monday the 23rd. A large parade of lighted ships will make its way to Gasworks Park where there will be a bonfire and choir singers. The park is centered around structures from the old gasworks and the view from there over the lake to the city skyline is spectacular. When we went a couple years ago to join the crowd on land at the park there must have been a few thousand people and 100 ships from the Argosy lead ship to large yachts, smaller sailboats and motorboats and even a few lighted kayaks.

The parade is supposed to be at the park at about 9:45. If you wanted before hand you could have dinner and drinks in Fremont. There are some very new and new-ish notable restaurants. Two, off of Stone Way, that have gotten national and local acclaim and that share a space in the Fremont Collective building, are Joule (modern Korean fusion/steakhouse) from Seif Chirchi and Rachel Yang and Whale Wins (French/Med/Modern Pacific NW) from Renee Erikson. Nearby is also Agrodolce from nationally recognized Tilth chef Maria Hines and hip casual Revel from Chirchi and Yang (asian street food focused) is still one my favorites around town. A couple very new places are also getting a lot of attention in Fremont including Vif (wine and small plates), Rock Creek (seafood), Le Petit Cochon (french) and Roux (French/Creole). Walkable to Gasworks to the NW along North Lake Union is also the excellent Modern Pacific NW/Seafood focused Westward. Fremont is also strong on bars with two top pubs (Brouwer's and Sixgill) and one of my favorite breweries, Fremont Brewing Co. Joule and Whale Wins are very close to Fremont Brewing and also the tasting room for Odin Brewing and from there it is a short walk to Gasworks. Fremont also has a number of small boutiques and some great public art including a large concrete troll under the Fremont Bridge and a huge statue of Lenin (which is somewhat disrespectfully but hilariously decorated with seasonal lights each December). A few enjoyable live music venues like the High Dive, the White Rabbit and Nectar are also in the heart of Fremont.

I'll post separately with more picks.

-K

6. Re: Christmas in Seattle: Things to see/do, places to eat, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2014, 13:16