We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photography at Wildlife Conservation Center

United States
Level Contributor
413 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Photography at Wildlife Conservation Center

I am aware that the animals at Wildlife Conservation Center are rescued and kept in protected areas. Are there any opportunities where one can photograph them as if they “appear” to be in the wild? I would like to avoid any fences, name boards and any signs of civilization while taking the photos. If this is possible, it would be more worth for me to pay to go there. Please let me know, thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
Alaska Wildlife...
2,424 Reviews
Girdwood, AK
2 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photography at Wildlife Conservation Center

I think if you can find right angle that you should have no problems with many of the animals. There is path/road that goes around the center. Signs are near path. I was able to easily photograph many animals including the bears without the fencing appearing in the pics. Some animals are definitely not in natural setting (cats) so no "natural" pic opportunities there. The wolves tend to hand around their den which looks like big dog house.

You may not get the "natural" pics that you want. Many of the animals tend to hang around the feeding area. It is still a great experience seeing them all in a very natural setting. If you go then try to go to bear enclosure before they are fed. The bears tend to hand around the fence waiting to be fed. That's when I got a lot of my pics. The ground under bear walk is best place. You can get great pics from bear walk but pics will be looking down on bear.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 22:12
oak hill, va
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photography at Wildlife Conservation Center

Yes! I was there yesterday and was able to get wonderful pictures of the animals. The only time the wires were an issue were with the deer and moose. We were there for three hours. Wonderful day.

Reply to: Photography at Wildlife Conservation Center
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;