We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rogers Jewelers or other?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
485 reviews
Save Topic
Rogers Jewelers or other?

I'm currently in Omaha and need to have a diamond wrap ring repaired (the diamonds are loose). I had intended to go to Rogers as that was where the ring was originally purchased however it appears that since I contacted the Rogers head office a few weeks back and they suggested the Omaha location it no longer exists.

I've called the head office again however they now claim they never had a store in Omaha and all reference seems to be removed.

Can anyone recommend a good jeweler who could repair the ring? The challenge is that we fly home at the weekend so it really needs to be done on site tomorrow.

|I would rather the repair was done while we are in the US as I do not trust a jeweler back home with the ring.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
679 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rogers Jewelers or other?

There is a Rogers Jewelry at Gateway Mall in Lincoln. This won't do you much good since you are in Omaha. Wright Jewelry in Lincoln would be another good choice. My suggestion is that you call either of these places and see if you could mail them the ring from Omaha and then have them mail the repaired ring back to your home.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rogers Jewelers or other?

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that won't be an option. If the ring is mailed back to the UK I will be charged customs import duty on it, regardless of the fact that the duty was paid when the ring was originally bought. I know of several people who have had their own goods impounded by UK customers when being returned from US/Canada after repair and who have been charged thousands of pounds in duties to get them back.

I may venture to Borsheims today as someone here has suggested it. I have to say I'm very unimpressed by Rogers head office. They have completely denied speaking to me a few weeks back and are claiming there never was a Rogers jewelers in Omaha. If the store has been bought over/changed ownership I cannot understand why they cannot simply say so. There is nothing worse than dishonesty

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
485 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rogers Jewelers or other?

Bit of an update - I ventured in to Borsheims today and explained the situation to them. Not only did they complete the repair within 30 minutes, they refused to accept payment. I am very impressed and will certainly be returning to them in future. They can certainly demonstrate how customer service should be.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
3,478 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rogers Jewelers or other?

Nice outcome , thanks for sharing ...

Bellevue, Nebraska
Level Contributor
230 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rogers Jewelers or other?

I am way late on this topic...

But I have a ring from them and the warranty and have to take it either to Lincoln or Des Moines. Not very convenient...

omaha, nebraska
Level Contributor
140 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rogers Jewelers or other?

Thats Warren Buffett for you.....

7. Re: Rogers Jewelers or other?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Omaha
Recent Conversations