We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting Cambridge/Boston on Nov. 5-8, 2014

Brick, New Jersey
12 posts
Save Topic
visiting Cambridge/Boston on Nov. 5-8, 2014

My 2 daughters and I are visiting Boston and Cambridge (Harvard/MIT) in 2 weeks, on Nov. 5-8. Are there a lot of events going on this weekend? The hotels in Cambridge are all over $400/nite. Am I just reserving late or this is what to expect during this time? I don't have a subway map, but what subway line / hotels are closest to Harvard Square and maybe little cheaper? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Harvard Square
Harvard Square
1,219 Reviews
Cambridge, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,899 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting Cambridge/Boston on Nov. 5-8, 2014

There are conventions in Boston. Two big ones back to back ... 4th - 6th and 7th to 9th and a REALLY big one overlapping from the 8th - 10th I assume most people arrive the day before they start.

The red line runs to Harvard Square. Check out the Best Western Tria in Cambridge near the Alewife end of the red line and the Quincy Marriott on the other end of the red line. It is a longish ride from Quincy to Harvard Square.

Not ideal, and not walkable to anything .... but manageable due to a very active shuttle bus is the Hampton Inn in Revere. You would be catching the T' s blue line and need to change trains twice to get to Harvard or MIT (blue to orange to red)

Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Harvard Square
Harvard Square
1,219 Reviews
Cambridge, MA
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
Quincy
Quincy
Massachusetts
Revere
Revere
Massachusetts
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,899 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting Cambridge/Boston on Nov. 5-8, 2014

Also ... If you are thinking of shifting your dates, there is a HUGE convention Nov 17-19.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting Cambridge/Boston on Nov. 5-8, 2014

try the BnB's here in Tripadvisor, you may find something

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visiting Cambridge/Boston on Nov. 5-8, 2014

There's also the vacation rentals section of the site. Not sure what the availability or properties look like for Boston / Cambridge, but it's worth a shot!

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Cambridge
Cambridge
Massachusetts
5. Re: visiting Cambridge/Boston on Nov. 5-8, 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2015, 13:15