We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Save Topic
weather

This will be my 1st trip to Page,AZ. so can anyone tell me what the weather is like in early June and is the water too cold for my grandkids to go swimming in the lake. Is it a good idea to get a hotel with an indoor pool for night swimming?

3 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,797 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

I'm not sure if you understand that most places on the lake where it would be appropriate for kids to swim can only be reached by boat. Are you planning on renting a houseboat or a speed boat to get out on the lake? If not,there's one easily accessible swim beach on Lake Powell - Lone Rock State Park, west of Page. The water should be warm enough for swimming. If you are using a speed boat or houseboat on the lake, deeper water will be colder. But that doesn't usually keep us out of the water. June temps can be warm to hot with sunny skies for the most part.

Edited: 05 March 2018, 05:16
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,164 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

What Connie said. You need to tell us more about your trip plan. Lake Powell is not a typical lake.

Atascadero...
Destination Expert
for Lake Powell
Level Contributor
1,705 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

In early June, lake water temperatures are typically in the high 60s, reaching 70 by about mid-June. A little brisk, but swimmable--that's a similar temperature to beaches in southern California. It will be a little warmer in shallow beach areas exposed to the sun.

Reply to: weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted