We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?

San Dimas...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

I've sort of narrowed down my choices in Wailea between Ekahi and Elua village. They are both close to each other, and priced about the same. Reading on some forum posts, I hear good things about Ekahi, but it sounds like Elua's grounds might be a little nicer? Someone noted Ekahi felt a little like a parking lot, and I guess I can kind of see that from Google Earth.

This website also seemed to prefer Elua over Ekahi

https://www.revealedtravelguides.com/region/wailea-area/

Having an easy walk to the beach is important for me, having the 2 kids. It seems both have close units, and some that are quite far away.....so I guess it depends on which unit I book for either.

Any pros and cons or thoughts you guys can share on these 2 properties?

Below were my initial criteria:

- 2 bedrooms

- I would like to be walking distance to the beach from our room

- We are foodies, and would love some good near by restaurant options. Walking distance would be great, but not necessary.

- Good pool for kids. A pool that overlooks the ocean would be perfect. I got spoiled from trip to Big Island, where my kids absolutely loved their infinity pool, And i loved being able to stare at the ocean while my kids played.

- Nice Lanai, with ocean view. But not absolutely necessary.

7 replies to this topic
San Diego...
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
1. Re: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

We have stayed at Elua a number of times but not Ekahi so can’t exactly compare

Both are on very nice s beaches that actually connect

Really don’t think you can go wrong with either

Nags Head, North...
Level Contributor
347 posts
45 reviews
39 helpful votes
2. Re: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

Ekahi is nice.... you will pay more for "closer to beach"... Both have a pool overlooking beach. Space inside.. Elua usually beast Ekahi. Elua is closer for walking to for "eats"... is 200-300/nite more worth it?? If so, go Elua!!!

San Dimas...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
3. Re: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

OBX, yes, after looking closer, Elua does looks about $150-$200/night more expensive. One of the issues with Ekahi is they just don't have as many 2 bedroom options to choose from, compared to Elua.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
127 posts
4. Re: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

We have stayed at both over the years. Elua has nicer grounds and larger units, most with beautifully remodeled kitchens. The pool at Elua is in a nice pavilion with small kitchen area. We have not been to the Ekahi since they renovated their pool pavilion area. Both have nice pools overlooking the ocean but if you want a kid friendly pool choose the Ekahi, no slides but they don't frown on jumping and kid pool games.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
604 posts
1 review
5. Re: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

Elua is better, both are nice

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
8 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

I’ve only stayed at Ekahi and I thought it was lovely.

However, it was a bit of a hike downhill to the beach, not that it mattered to use but if you have kids in tow and all your stuff then it might feel a bit of a chore.

Elua looked beautiful and better located to nice beaches / shops / restaurants.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
8,895 posts
7. Re: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Save

We do like the ocean front pool and pavilion right on Ulua Beach and access to the Wailea coastal walk way

Reply to: Wailea Ekahi vs Elua Village?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.