We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May or Sept---Wailea or Kaanapali!!

LI NY
Level Contributor
437 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
May or Sept---Wailea or Kaanapali!!

Hi,

Thinking of going to Maui, which is the better month to travel, May or Sept as far as the weather, crowds, plane fare etc.

Would LOVE to stay at the Four Seasons but not sure if I could afford more then 3 or 4 nights..

Would it be a good idea to split the trip into (2) parts?

Was thinking 4 Seasons for a couple of nights and then the Hyatt in Kaanapali for a couple. Bad idea, or just break the bank and stay at the 4 Seasons...

Not planning on staying at the resorts all day, would like to do some sight seeing.

Thanks in advance for your advice..

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: May or Sept---Wailea or Kaanapali!!

May and late October are my favorite times to visit Maui. I have been in September and experienced hot, humid weather, with very little breeze. It was so uncomfortable that we couldn't enjoy outdoor dining. Someone else mentioned hot and dry in September, so obviously the weather varies. May has never disappointed; my next trip starts May 6th!

12. Re: May or Sept---Wailea or Kaanapali!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2010, 12:17